*2023 UB Football Thread*

Buffalo716

On 12/10/2019 at 7:25 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Two 4Q losses with big leads within a year will do that.

Obviously, his 100-6 or whatever record and 6 titles in DIII was the main driver.

I think he is good for UB.  Even with the tough losses, this was a very impressive rebound off of last season's attrition and stumble out of the gate.  Making a Bowl Game 2 seasons in a row is a program first.  They are lined up to be a serious MAC contender for 2020.  If they can be right there every/most seasons, that is great.  

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

Obviously, his 100-6 or whatever record and 6 titles in DIII was the main driver.

I think he is good for UB.  Even with the tough losses, this was a very impressive rebound off of last season's attrition and stumble out of the gate.  Making a Bowl Game 2 seasons in a row is a program first.  They are lined up to be a serious MAC contender for 2020.  If they can be right there every/most seasons, that is great.  

Getting their first bowl win would go a long way. Charlotte's a nice team but on UB matches up with well and should beat. It's going to a be a blustery day so we should have the advantage on the ground.

7 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Question for the uninitiated (ie - me):

What exactly is the Bahamas Bowl and why does it feature 2 teams with 7-5 records?

Also, as I am watching it live on ESPN - are there any players on the Bulls that the Bills might be interested in?

the Bulls have a few players who will be on NFL radars but most of them are underclassmen

Joey Banks the safety is a senior and should get looks as well as the left tackle 

UB was probably the most talented team in their conference and just let a few game slip, hence why they deserve a bowl game

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

What exactly is the Bahamas Bowl and why does it feature 2 teams with 7-5 records?

Also, as I am watching it live on ESPN - are there any players on the Bulls that the Bills might be interested in?

In the USA the 118 or so "Division 1" colleges with football teams have a challenge game if you finish with a tied or winning record. You get matched with a team that is more or less equal to you. Companies sponsor them.

This game is the first of 42 games to be played from now till early January. (The closer to New Year's the more prestigious the game with the best teams.) Buffalo and Charlotte are two schools that haven't had football that long. Still it's a nice honor, and while this game is pretty low on the pecking order, for these kids and coaches it's a free Bahamas vacation. Not a bad deal.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

the Bulls have a few players who will be on NFL radars but most of them are underclassmen

Joey Banks the safety is a senior and should get looks as well as the left tackle 

UB was probably the most talented team in their conference and just let a few game slip, hence why they deserve a bowl game

The Bills have had a few UB players. There is a practice squad cornerback, Cam Lewis, from UB.

The running back, Patterson, reminds me of Singletary. But he's two years from the draft.

I would definitely bring Ladarius Mack in as a UDFA. He hasn't had the college career of his famous brother but he shows flashes. And more flashes later in his senior year. Could be a late bloomer.

18 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

you get into a bowl with 6 wins (maybe??)

used to have a game of this level in Toronto for a few years, enjoyed going to it...  and now....  :(

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

What about the RB Patterson - is it just me or is he a Singletary clone? Even wears number 26.

EDIT - 160+ yards and a TD - is he eligible for the draft. Damn he looks good.

Agree on Patterson. He's only a 2nd year player. Maybe 2021 draft of he opts into the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.