*2023 UB Football Thread*

Buffalo716

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Are you trying to slight MAC football? It's division 1 football in America

Every single one on that field is a supreme football player, and went further than 99% of everybody

I block weo so I don't know what gems he offers unless someone quotes him. Such a troll.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Are you trying to slight MAC football? It's division 1 football in America

Every single one on that field is a supreme football player, and went further than 99% of everybody

Relax.  I'm not comparing them to 99% of kids who have played football and never play in college.  I'm comparing them to other Div 1 conferences, obviously.  

In the MAC "East" there are 2 of 6 teams giving up 48 points per game to other MAC opponents.  This kid (a fun story, for sure!) put up 710 yards and 12 TDs....in back to back games!

I mean, come on....

11 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

At least this record was set.

Promo, all I saw were the highlights. I don't know anything about UB. What I DID see were HUGE holes opened up by the OL.

My question is, are any of those blockers up front considered prospects? You and I could have gained a few yards (before getting killed) on a couple of those plays lol.

36 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Promo, all I saw were the highlights. I don't know anything about UB. What I DID see were HUGE holes opened up by the OL.

My question is, are any of those blockers up front considered prospects? You and I could have gained a few yards (before getting killed) on a couple of those plays lol.

Not sure about the Bulls line, but it's probably safe to say no one on the Kent State defensive front is getting drafted

But yeah I was thinking even walking quickly with a cane (back went out last week, getting better thank you) I could have gained some yards with those holes.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

57 minutes ago, Steve O said:

Not sure about the Bulls line, but it's probably safe to say no one on the Kent State defensive front is getting drafted

But yeah I was thinking even walking quickly with a cane (back went out last week, getting better thank you) I could have gained some yards with those holes.

UB has terrific line play though none of those blockers are mentioned as NFL draft prospects. It's a hallmark of Leipold's teams. But look at the 8th TD run. Patterson shook off tacklers like a wet dog. He's got amazing balance and vision, plus he's incredibly strong for 5' 9". Ross Tucker said Patterson can clean lift 350 pounds.

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What really sucks was one more win would likely get UB into the Top 25.

That was the first thing i thought and you were the first person I was going to comment to about how bad this really is.

and it is...this is terrible.

Bad enough only getting to 6-0 or 7-0 before the bowl game.  I would have loved to see Jared light it up for 2 more regular season games.

EDIT:  Ohio University jerks.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.