*2023 UB Football Thread*

Buffalo716

I hate that Leipold doesn’t go for records when they’re in reach. He did something like that before with Patterson. Want to say it was his 296 game in ‘19. He easily could have had 300+ that day.

However, the way he’s running and the line is blocking he will prob have it next week.

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

52 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I hate that Leipold doesn’t go for records when they’re in reach. He did something like that before with Patterson. Want to say it was his 296 game in ‘19. He easily could have had 300+ that day.

However, the way he’s running and the line is blocking he will prob have it next week.

Are you serious

Leipold did everything he could to get Patterson the record

He would have needed every yard on that last drive and he ran him into the ground

I've had season tickets since year one at UB and I couldn't be more proud of Lance, Jarrett, and this team

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Are you serious

He would have needed every yard on that last drive and he ran him into the ground

I've had season tickets since year one at UB and I couldn't be more proud of Lance, Jarrett, and this team

Let's dream big. Mac champs, get ranked, undefeated going into a bowl game against a P5 program.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Are you serious

It's really a shame that this is a Covid era resulting in empty stands. The Bulls have recently started to be good and entertaining with less than a robust fan support. I'm sure that this year's team would have generated community support with plenty of fans in the stands. Leopold has done a terrific job in not only having good teams but also building a strong program. You got to be happy for the school and program. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JohnC said:

It's really a shame that this is a Covid era resulting in empty stands. The Bulls have recently started to be good and entertaining with less than a robust fan support. I'm sure that this year's team would have generated community support with plenty of fans in the stands. Leopold has done a terrific job in not only having good teams but also building a strong program. You got to be happy for the school and program. 

But on the other hand every game has been on national TV. If the local media let people know about this they'd get on board. I mean we had Khalil Mack and it wasn't until the middle of his senior year did UB get any notice 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But on the other hand every game has been on national TV. If the local media let people know about this they'd get on board. I mean we had Khalil Mack and it wasn't until the middle of his senior year did UB get any notice 

Today's game was on a weekend. But what has promoted the program and the MAC is being on TV during the week days, usually Monday. The attendance for UB up to this point has not been too good. I just think that if this was a normal year this team would be getting a lot more fans in the stands and attention from the local media. However, the Bulls and their program have done a terrific job under very challenging circumstances. They deserve a lot of credit. 

50 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Today's game was on a weekend. But what has promoted the program and the MAC is being on TV during the week days, usually Monday. The attendance for UB up to this point has not been too good. I just think that if this was a normal year this team would be getting a lot more fans in the stands and attention from the local media. However, the Bulls and their program have done a terrific job under very challenging circumstances. They deserve a lot of credit. 

UB has led the mac in attendance I think in three out of the last four seasons. They draw well above the average for a Mac crowd

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

UB has led the mac in attendance I think in three out of the last four seasons. They draw well above the average for a Mac crowd

I'm not sure that is saying much. I'm surprised that it wasn't doing better because western NY is a sports region and the ticket prices at the games are relatively cheap. What is disappointing is that the student attendance isn't too good. That might be due to week night games. I don't have the exact figures so I'm making my judgment from what I see on TV. 

Edited by JohnC

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

I'm not sure that is saying much. I'm surprised that it wasn't doing better because western NY is a sports region and the ticket prices at the games are relatively cheap. What is disappointing is that the student attendance isn't too good. That might be due to week night games. I don't have the exact figures so I'm making my judgment from what I see on TV. 

There's just a difference between college and pro sports towns

It doesn't mean that UB can't be successful, and can't grow their brand

But their fan base is what it is. And their student section has definitely been improved over the years

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Are you serious

Everything he could... Are YOU serious?

He pulled him on the 20 and Marks scored two plays later. You’re acting like he needed 90 yards and was winded. He needed 18, we were on the 20 and he was fine. 

5 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Everything he could... Are YOU serious?

He pulled him on the 20 and Marks scored two plays later. You’re acting like he needed 90 yards and was winded. He needed 18, we were on the 20 and he was fine. 

He was fed the whole game. He was stiff arming three guys on the last drive.. he needed some wind. He could have got 18 more yards on any of his other carries

In your mind he was fine. According to the coach he needed a break. I guarantee you Patterson's not complaining. Marks scored because he was fresh

And the Mac record books are starting to get littered with University at Buffalo players

Edited by Buffalo716

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.