*2023 UB Football Thread*

Buffalo716

11 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

UB gets a TD in OT to go up 20-14 and Balter misses the XP. Unreal

Ohio gets the TD and XP to win 21-21.

This isn't reactionary either but I hope Leipold is fired. I hate his coaching style. Such a conservative boring coach who is way too obsessed with running and often tries long field goals with bad kickers. He's such a gutless coach.

There's a girl on our high school football team who never misses from 40 yards or less. Are you telling Lance Leipold can't find kicker?

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Its a tad reactionary. He threw the ball tons last year when he has the parts... Our 3rd WR is a converted QB this season and they lost their top 3 receivers from last season

Leopold is easily the best coach since Turner Gill and axing him would only set back the progress

It's not reactionary at all. 

I can handle a coach having a 2-4 start. What I can't handle is coaches that think kicking a 46-yard field goal with a bad kicker with the game on the line is a higher percentage play than trying to get 1 yard. I could've told you the result there so why can Leipold never see it coming? He did the same thing a lot with Mitcheson and it failed almost every time.

3rd and goal from the 9-yard line early in the game and he ran too. I don't care who your QB and WRs are. If you're going to keep calling running plays on that down and distance then you're overly conservative. Our passing game was great today too.

Edited by suorangefan4

Just now, suorangefan4 said:

It's not reactionary at all. 

I can handle a coach having a 2-4 start. What I can't handle is coaches with a low IQ and think that kicking a 46-yard field goal with a bad kicker with the game on the line is a higher percentage play than trying to get 1 yard. He did the same thing a lot with Mitcheson and it failed almost every time. 

3rd and goal from the 9-yard line early in the game and he ran too. I don't care who your QB and WRs are. If you're going to keep calling running plays on that down and distance then you're overly conservative. Our passing game was great today too.

He obviously didn't make some good in game decisions... But I see tons of coaches make terrible decisions every Saturday

You aren't going to get a better coach right now I will tell you that

Rome wasn't built in a day and neither is a program. UB is still an infant and their will be ups and downs , you need to settle the waves

This program is LIGHT-YEARS ahead of where it was 5 years ago. It would set back UB to get rid of a culture builder who had one of the hardest jobs in the country

Turn UB around

• Like (+1) 1

I don't get how we didn't try another RB screen the rest of the game after the 2nd or 3rd play of the game went about 61-yards to Patterson. That play has been effective almost every time we've ran it this year. Last week we ran none of them.

This week we run one that gets a huge gain then go completely away from it again and go straight back to run up the middle on first and second down. There's so much predictability in the playcalling this year.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/5/2019 at 6:46 PM, Buffalo716 said:

He obviously didn't make some good in game decisions... But I see tons of coaches make terrible decisions every Saturday

You aren't going to get a better coach right now I will tell you that

Rome wasn't built in a day and neither is a program. UB is still an infant and their will be ups and downs , you need to settle the waves

This program is LIGHT-YEARS ahead of where it was 5 years ago. It would set back UB to get rid of a culture builder who had one of the hardest jobs in the country

Turn UB around

I actually agree with you here.  The reactionary crowd won't like it but UB is a tough place to build a consistent winner and Leipold is a solid coach.  Because of grad transfers and the portal, UB is having to break in new QBs and unproven receivers.  It's a transition year.  He has recruited better athletes over the past few years and LL runs a respected program with integrity.  With the new field-house hopefully they will attract top MAC players to UB instead of Ohio, Miami, Toledo, etc..

I'd like to rip Lance about the kicking situation but we have kids with great credentials out of high school and then they flop here. 

17 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I was out of town at a wedding so I was not at the game

Thoughts?

UB still awful on offense and kicking. Defense was dominant although it was Akron. Only the worst MAC team by far. I doubt we win two more games. Already looking forward to basketball.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Jarret Patterson is an NFL player

Glad to watch him and Marks bust it up for 2 more full seasons

Those are some bad boys

Patterson has another big year again next year bet he declares for draft. Which is great for him and UB.  

1 hour ago, noacls said:

Patterson has another big year again next year bet he declares for draft. Which is great for him and UB.  

MAC players , especially UB guys don't leave early... He's an undersized RB with not alot of game breaking speed though everything else is amazing

I watched Mack stay on campus for 5 years 

Patterson will be a 4 year guy but I think he can be drafted around where Starks was maybe a bit later. Round 5-6

Edited by Buffalo716

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.