*2023 UB Football Thread*

Buffalo716

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

You can't put it ALL on Lance

Matt Myers played poor for the first half of the season and he obviously expected better since he named him the starter

Teams honestly looked much better with Vantrease minus the hiccup

I totally blame Lance for Kent State last week. Total breakdown with a 3 TD 4Q lead. Inexcusable.  As for Myers, who picked him over Vantrese? And is it that hard to find a reliable kicker? It's not the pros with a 53 player roster. You can have someone accurate but with a weaker leg for FGs under 30.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I totally blame Lance for Kent State last week. Total breakdown with a 3 TD 4Q lead. Inexcusable.  As for Myers, who picked him over Vantrese? And is it that hard to find a reliable kicker? It's not the pros with a 53 player roster. You can have someone accurate but with a weaker leg for FGs under 30.

Sure you can put alot of blame on Lance for last week but again in the scope of the season they are fine

They lost so many players and have a shot at 2-0 and going to a bowl again

And yes it is hard to find a reliable kicker to come to UB. MAC kicking is decent not strong across the league and kicking in WNY has never been ideal for kickers of any age

Canisius HS had one of the top kickers in the country and he could've went to UB but of course he goes to Ohio State because he's a top kicker

And again, you will only regress by getting rid of Lance and the program he's building. You will not get a better hire ,that's almost a certainty

14 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Sure you can put alot of blame on Lance for last week but again in the scope of the season they are fine

They lost so many players and have a shot at 2-0 and going to a bowl again

And yes it is hard to find a reliable kicker to come to UB. MAC kicking is decent not strong across the league and kicking in WNY has never been ideal for kickers of any age

Canisius HS had one of the top kickers in the country and he could've went to UB but of course he goes to Ohio State because he's a top kicker

And again, you will only regress by getting rid of Lance and the program he's building. You will not get a better hire ,that's almost a certainty

You're probably right though it's hard to believe.,

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Eventually there might be a higher profile guy but they need to be steadily winning games

You can argue Lance was pretty high profiled I'm the coaching world coming from Wisconsin Whitewater

Again, seeing last years MACC meltdown and last week at KSU, it's really hard to believe he's that sharp.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Team should be loaded to take the MAC easy next season

That's a hot take.  Hope so.  UB seems to be very solid in the trenches on both sides of the ball which is huge in the MAC.  All depends I suppose on who is graduating, transferring (portal), etc..

I'm one of the few people that likes Leipold and thinks he's done an overall good job at UB.  The few meltdowns and beat downs suck.  But it happens to everyone.  he didn't run off some of the productive offensive players from last season...and he didn't cause our punter to break his leg leading to crappy punting the rest of the season.  For every bad UB moment, .. gotta remember we've beaten Toledo 2 years in a row,  beaten temple 2 years in a row....EMU and CMU,, also 2 years in a row.   He's gotten some really big W's.  

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

That's a hot take.  Hope so.  UB seems to be very solid in the trenches on both sides of the ball which is huge in the MAC.  All depends I suppose on who is graduating, transferring (portal), etc..

I'm one of the few people that likes Leipold and thinks he's done an overall good job at UB.  The few meltdowns and beat downs suck.  But it happens to everyone.  he didn't run off some of the productive offensive players from last season...and he didn't cause our punter to break his leg leading to crappy punting the rest of the season.  For every bad UB moment, .. gotta remember we've beaten Toledo 2 years in a row,  beaten temple 2 years in a row....EMU and CMU,, also 2 years in a row.   He's gotten some really big W's.  

Ive never complained about Leipold because he's been excellent and they won't get a better coach if they ax him

And UB always sports the best Oline in the MAC, will have the best running game, experienced QB returning and 3-4 WRs

Taylor riggins our best pass rusher is returning and well as some other Dlineman

I like our chances , don't think it's a hot take

UB was probably top to bottom the most talented team In the MAC this season, cards fell wrong, it happens

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Ive never complained about Leipold because he's been excellent and they won't get a better coach if they ax him

And UB always sports the best Oline in the MAC, will have the best running game, experienced QB returning and 3-4 WRs

Taylor riggins our best pass rusher is returning and well as some other Dlineman

I like our chances , don't think it's a hot take

UB was probably top to bottom the most talented team In the MAC this season, cards fell wrong, it happens

Well Lance can make it all up to me by beating BGSU, going to a bowl and finally winning one. That running game and O line is good enough and if their defense plays its game, there you go.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

Well if you are off Friday and want to see a local team "playoff" game, UB (6-5) hosts Bowling Green (3-8) at UB Stadium at noon. It's televised over ESPN+ or you can attend in person. It's a cheap ticket with free parking.

Why is it a playoff game? A win gets UB to 7-5 and a guaranteed bowl bid. Technically they are bowl eligible at 6 wins but we all know the pecking order of college football. UB has been passed over for a bowl every time they finished with 6 wins.

Go Bulls! If you get a bowl game in an easily reachable destination (basically not Boise) I might make the trek. The Boca Raton Bowl would be ideal.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.