“Revolt” brewing in Miami locker room over potential Tunsil trade

YoloinOhio

:lol:

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article234508312.html

One more thing: The Dolphins lose whether they trade for Clowney or not.

If they land him, they get a guy who doesn’t want to be here. If they don’t land Clowney, the Dolphins have successfully alienated left tackle Laremy Tunsil who is known to be part of a potential Clowney trade.

Tunsil knows this by the way even though Flores said after this game that Miami has no trade in place that includes Tunsil.

Yeah, except Miami is actively discussing trading the team’s best offensive player. Even if the trade evaporates, Tunsil already knows where he stands with the team. The Dolphins didn’t sign him to a long-term contract this offseason and tried to trade him in the preseason.

Laremy Tunsil cannot love any of this.

So, yeah, this is a great way to handle things a week before the regular-season.

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

:lol:

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article234508312.html

One more thing: The Dolphins lose whether they trade for Clowney or not.

If they land him, they get a guy who doesn’t want to be here. If they don’t land Clowney, the Dolphins have successfully alienated left tackle Laremy Tunsil who is known to be part of a potential Clowney trade.

Tunsil knows this by the way even though Flores said after this game that Miami has no trade in place that includes Tunsil.

Yeah, except Miami is actively discussing trading the team’s best offensive player. Even if the trade evaporates, Tunsil already knows where he stands with the team. The Dolphins didn’t sign him to a long-term contract this offseason and tried to trade him in the preseason.

Laremy Tunsil cannot love any of this.

So, yeah, this is a great way to handle things a week before the regular-season.

It’s the nfl.  He going to play to the best of his abilities because he wants to get paid.  The NFL doesn’t care about you being sad or in your feelings.  You have a job to do or you will be replaced.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Meh, I'd imagine a lot of players in the Bills' locker room didn't feel great about McDermott and Beane showing up and dealing two of the team's most talented players in Watkins and Darby.

Winning fixes everything.

Watkins was a pretty selfish player when he was here (by his own admission), not to mention all of the injuries, so I am sure the other guys in the locker room noticed that. Plus the Bills brought in players to help the team too.

I’d love to see Miami get Clowney if Tunsil goes the other way... if Miami wants to get good, they need a QB, and when they get that QB, they’ll need to protect him. Having Tunsil would help that greatly. Without him, they’ll be SOL. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Meh, I'd imagine a lot of players in the Bills' locker room didn't feel great about McDermott and Beane showing up and dealing two of the team's most talented players in Watkins and Darby.

Winning fixes everything.

The players didnt like Watkins, I'm sure they were just fine with him leaving.

15 hours ago, CLTbills said:

This is one reason I think McDermott is great. This is essentially what he did and still got the absolute most out of his players

Bingo.  You heard McD and Beane both consistently talk about "not being where we want to be" but they somehow got everyone to buy in, despite moving high-priced and (in some cases) talented players.  Kyle Williams even stayed around on last year's miserable roster rather than going out with a playoff appearance because he believed in McD.

Flores wants to tear it down and build it up the right way in Miami, and he should get that chance if ownership is fair.  But now, more than ever, it is becoming clear that the Fish will indeed stink this season.