Bandit's Projected 53

38 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Side note, but you would think by now a center would have came along who can long snap and regular snap. Would be nice if teams did not have to use a roster spot on that position. 

The issue isn't whether they can do it.  The long snapper has to spend a lot of time on the special teams field with the kicker and punter (hence punters traditionally holding for field goals).  You wouldn't be able to get the necessary practice time and instruction if your center were constantly snapping to the kicker and punter.

17 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

You may be right about the Special Teams.  I found it interesting this preseason that the Bills have been experimenting with players on STs more than usual.  I really think they are realizing they have players that they'd like to keep, but who haven't played STs in the past.  Of course, that may be why we stunk on STs in Detroit.  :(

If he's unlikely to be active on game days (no ones going to have 5 running backs active out of 45 players), I'm not sure how important special teams is.  May be more important should dimarco get hurt to have a special teams running back there.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, jav said:

Yeldon over Murphy

Vosean Joseph over Lacey

Munnerlyn (process guy) over Pitts

Jaquan Johnson over Marlowe

Nice wild card with Colquitt over Bojorquez

Thanks.

You all could be right about Yeldon over Murphy, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

For Vosean vs. Lacey, part of it is STs, but I just can't get away from how good Lacey has looked with the 2's this preseason.

Munnerlyn lost out to Pitts in my projection based upon a numbers game.  You've got your top 3 boundary corner spots locked up with White/Wallace/K. Johnson, as well as your top 2 slot corner spots with T. Johnson/S. Neal. If you keep a 6th, you probably want it to be a boundary guy, since you have no backup boundary corner if one of your starters goes down.  On the contrary, if either Taron or Neal go down, K. Johnson, L. Pitts, and (in an emergency) M. Hyde can all play the slot, so you've got some contingency there.

The J.J./Marlowe projection is purely my reading the tea leaves based upon playing time and PS eligibility.

• Like (+1) 3

Similar disagreements as others, because I think the decisions will be based on the likelihood of losing a player if cut.

For example, I'd take Yeldon over Murphy because i don't think Murphy would NOT get picked on another 53, but Yeldon would.

I'd pick J. Johnson over Marlowe, even though I think Marlowe is more valuable today, JJ has much more upside.  I think either one of those players will get scooped up, but I would not want to lose the one with more upside.  

11 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Thanks.

You all could be right about Yeldon over Murphy, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

For Vosean vs. Lacey, part of it is STs, but I just can't get away from how good Lacey has looked with the 2's this preseason.

Munnerlyn lost out to Pitts in my projection based upon a numbers game.  You've got your top 3 boundary corner spots locked up with White/Wallace/K. Johnson, as well as your top 2 slot corner spots with T. Johnson/S. Neal. If you keep a 6th, you probably want it to be a boundary guy, since you have no backup boundary corner if one of your starters goes down.  On the contrary, if either Taron or Neal go down, K. Johnson, L. Pitts, and (in an emergency) M. Hyde can all play the slot, so you've got some contingency there.

The J.J./Marlowe projection is purely my reading the tea leaves based upon playing time and PS eligibility.

Thanks for the explanation on those spots. I had similar thoughts to the poster you were replying to. 

I think you have swayed me on Munnerlyn vs. Pitts, but I am still on the JJ train. I was leaning Marlowe for a while until that forced fumble and recovery play by JJ last week.

I guess my general reasoning is that if we are going with solid vets at the top 3 safety spots, then let's roll with the rookie that has made some nice plays for the last spot. I do like Marlowe though and won't be upset if he makes it. Just hope we can get JJ to PS in that case. 

1 hour ago, jav said:

Yeldon over Murphy

Vosean Joseph over Lacey

Munnerlyn (process guy) over Pitts

Jaquan Johnson over Marlowe

Nice wild card with Colquitt over Bojorquez

Bandit - nice work overall.  The above were my thoughts also on where you may be wrong. 

I think Beane likes his draft picks to make the team year 1 before cutting if possible.

Yeldon is a better back than Murphy.  If they want ST from back, then Perry is the man.

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

I figured I'd take a shot at predicting the final 53 prior to the last preseason game.

I'll come back and make an update after tonight's game, but for now, here's my take...

QB (2) - J. Allen, M. Barkley

RB (4) - L. McCoy, F. Gore, D. Singletary, M. Murphy

FB (1) - P. DiMarco

TE (3) - D. Knox, T. Sweeney, L. Smith

WR (7) - J. Brown, C. Beasley, Z. Jones, R. Foster, A. Roberts, I. McKenzie, D. Williams

OL (9) - D. Dawkins, Q. Spain, M. Morse, C. Ford, T. Nsekhe, J. Feliciano, R. Bates, S. Long, W. Teller

ST (3) - R. Ferguson, S. Hauschka, B. Colquitt (projected trade with Cleveland)

DE (4) - J. Hughes, T. Murphy, S. Lawson, D. Johnson

DT (4) - S. Lotuleilei, E. Oliver, J. Phillips, H. Phillips

LB (6) - M. Milano, T. Edmunds, L. Alexander, C. Thompson, J. Stanford, D. Lacey

CB (6) - T. White, L. Wallace, T. Johnson, K. Johnson, S. Neal, L. Pitts

S (4) - M. Hyde, J. Poyer, K. Coleman, D. Marlowe

PUP - T. Kroft

PS - T. Jackson, C. Wade, R. McCloud, I. Boettger, J. Jones, V. Joseph, D. Rice, J. Johnson

I Agree and  like that you kept Marcus Murphy.

I'm not big on Ander Roberts he has been in the league for almost 10 years and hasn't produced much as a reciever, Return Man Cool yes that is cool

1 hour ago, Bills2ref said:

Side note, but you would think by now a center would have came along who can long snap and regular snap. Would be nice if teams did not have to use a roster spot on that position. 

I always thought the same about punters and kickers.

• Like (+1) 2

I just can't see Jaquan Johnson clearing waivers. He has played REALLY well this preseason and offseason, and I'm not sure they want to risk him.

While Vosean Joseph hasn't shown much, I'd still feel nervous waiving him, as well. I'd rather see those two kept at the expense of Dean Marlow and Deon Lacy, respectiely.

• Like (+1) 1

give me  ..Jack Fox (Chiefs) if he loses out to the Kansas City Colquitt  over  Bojorquez...id take KC Colquitt as well ... Jaquan  Johnson  over Marlowe,Vosean  Joseph  over Pitts  and Yeldon  over Murphy...tight call with  Wade ...game 4 decides it between Yeldon  and Wade ...best guess 

2 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

Yes and also I would think that there would be at least a handful of guys who could place kick and punt. You'd have a job for as long as you wanted. 

I agree the punter may not be on the roster. 

Only disagreements:

Yeldon over Murphy 

Munnerlyn over Pitts

Not keeping 7 WRs Williams doesn't make it they will keep a 7th LB for ST (V. Joseph), close call on Lacy vs. M. Alexander

J. Johnson over Marlowe - Marlowe hit his ceiling, Johnson wins on potential (and pretty much same player) whoever is 4th S is inactive on Sunday since Neal can play S

Edited by jwhit34

2 hours ago, H2o said:

I too think they are going to carry 7 WR's. Nice work Bandit. :thumbsup:

With John Brown's injury history and sickle cell issues, I don't think carrying seven is too big of a stretch.  It's pretty likely we don't end up getting a full 16 out of him

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

OL (9) - D. Dawkins, Q. Spain, M. Morse, C. Ford, T. Nsekhe, J. Feliciano, R. Bates, S. Long, W. Teller

ST (3) - R. Ferguson, S. Hauschka, B. Colquitt (projected trade with Cleveland)

Bandito - With Teller being traded to CLE for two picks, what do you think about the punter position at this time?

Edited by Gugny