Bills - Vikings Pre Game thread

8 minutes ago, dubs said:

Only 6 teams have gone undefeated in the preseason?  Two went 0-16 and the average wins is still about 8?  Math seems weird there. 

That means the other 4 teams won 12 games, on average. 

But it says the average without them is 8.3. My head hurts. 

Someone must have tied in one of the other 48 games. 

Edited by The Wiz

34 minutes ago, dubs said:

Only 6 teams have gone undefeated in the preseason?  Two went 0-16 and the average wins is still about 8?  Math seems weird there. 

That means the other 4 teams won 12 games, on average. 

But it says the average without them is 8.3. My head hurts. 

Who am I to question the crack reporters from  buffalonews.com   :lol:

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-preseason-wins-matter-giants-raiders-browns-super-bowl-patriots-082019

But football fans are a fickle bunch, especially those who have been starved of success. Trust me, there are a fair number of Raiders, and New York Giants, and Buffalo Bills, and yes, Browns fans right now who quite like that little stat about the Super Bowl champ always batting .500 or above in recent times — although, after reading this, they might be rooting for an experimental loss or two along the way.

So let them have their fun. Why not? After all, as the Lions and Browns have shown in the past, there is no guarantee it will last.

The (preseason) best of those champions, the 2013 Seattle Seahawks, are one of 27 teams to run the table in preseason over the last 14 years. But that is where it gets a little strange. Of those preseason perfectionists, not much went right afterwards.

The 27 flawless teams went on to a combined record of 198-235. Collectively, they performed 23 games worse than those same teams in the previous season.

Aug 20, 2019 at 11:59p ET

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

I'll be there and thinking this could quite possibly be the longest 3 hours of my life. ?

Is the weather nice up there today?  

Hopefully you'll get to enjoy a nice summer evening if nothing else.

I will be watching on the internet.  Hey, it's a Bills game.  I like watching Bills games.

Set to record........I can’t wait to see how Wyatt Teller does in the run game! 

14 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

My DTV lineup has tennis listed 

DTV channel 212 at 5:00am for me. Better late than never! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Is the weather nice up there today?  

Hopefully you'll get to enjoy a nice summer evening if nothing else.

I will be watching on the internet.  Hey, it's a Bills game.  I like watching Bills games.

The weather is absolutely beautiful. Clear, a little breezy and in the low 70's