Jadeveon Clowney could miss regular-season games

HOUSE

Houston's season opener is in less than two weeks and Jadeveon Clowney is not under contract. That could remain the case into the regular season and beyond.

According to NFL Network's Mike Garafolo, the Texans pass rusher, who has yet to sign his franchise tag, is willing to miss regular-season games as he awaits a resolution to his contract situation.

"This one could go into the regular season," Garafolo said on NFL Total Access on Wednesday. "I know a lot of people are looking at this, saying is Jadeveon Clowney really going to punt on $1 million per week and sit out a game, two, three or whatever? Yeah, at least according to what he has told other people."

Garafolo added that Clowney has communicated to people that he is "hurt by the fact that the Texans are even entertaining trade offers."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001044763/article/jadeveon-clowney-could-miss-regularseason-games

Clowney controls this situation. Who is even calling the shots in Houston? (No GM, remember?) He'll decide where he will play and the Texans will get a bag of balls.

And I would love to have him with the Bills this year but I don't think I'd sign him after. He's motivated now. Not sure what happens once you pay him.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Clowney controls this situation. Who is even calling the shots in Houston? (No GM, remember?) He'll decide where he will play and the Texans will get a bag of balls.

Good for him. Texans did this to themselves by letting O’Brien run that team. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Unfortunately it's too wayyy risky without knowing for sure that once Clowney signs a massive contract, that he's going to continue to work as hard/harder that led him to this point.  Plus give up a good player.

2 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Yeah, no...

If O'Brien was the Bills coach, we'd all be wearing red, white and blue DeShaun Watson jerseys on Sundays right now.  A LOT of fans wanted Watson at 10 two years ago, and some still haven't forgiven McDermott for trading down and passing on him and Mahomes.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

Yeah, but what do you do when your team is trying to trade you to Miami? I’d sit out too.

Show up and play and prove to other teams you're worth trading for.  Too much money to just leave on the table.  

1 hour ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

If O'Brien was the Bills coach, we'd all be wearing red, white and blue DeShaun Watson jerseys on Sundays right now.  A LOT of fans wanted Watson at 10 two years ago, and some still haven't forgiven McDermott for trading down and passing on him and Mahomes.

And Watson would be getting blasted by a ***** oline here too.

Live in the present man, lots of reasons to be excited for the team that actually is in reality 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Hindsight is 20/20.  I'm happy with Josh Allen and think he will prove just how high his ceiling is during this season; no one will be looking back after this year.

WHAT IS BEANE WAITING FOR!?!?!?!??!!??!?!?!?!?!?!!!?!?!??!?

Doubt Clowney wants to come here and it is doubtful that Beane wants to bring him here, especially if it is for a one year rental.