Predict Your Pre-Week 1 Trade

dezertbill

26 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

My only argument would be what do you consider Welker or Edelman?  If they are number ones and we make Beasley a focal point where he catches 80 plus balls...then I'd argue that he is a number 1.   He left Dallas because he wasn't the first or second option and he felt he could be. 

I think he specifically picked buffalo for those reasons. He wants a team to feed him the ball. Dak does not read the field well at all. Beasley was always open and dak rarely looked his way. I think Beasley picked buffalo for their lack of playmakers at receiver, a young influential quarterback he can build rapport with, and to be a focal point of the offense. I think Beasley will see the most targets every game. He is just not coverable 

45 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

My only argument would be what do you consider Welker or Edelman?  If they are number ones and we make Beasley a focal point where he catches 80 plus balls...then I'd argue that he is a number 1.   He left Dallas because he wasn't the first or second option and he felt he could be. 

Welker and Edelman were #1s with #1 production. In recent years teams scheming against New England have tried to take away Edelman and Gronk. Maybe Beasley comes here and produces at that level. But based in what he has produced to this point for me he is a good slot receiver and a solid 3rd option. What he hasn't had as much - other than the start of last season is teams prioritising taking him away. And when saying "this receiving corps is stacked" you have to think about what these guys have proved so far. 

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

Funny you started this threat.  Was going to start a similar one. 

If that isn’t a Freudian slip, I don’t know what is.  Must have something to do with Zay’s dad yapping in the Twitterverse.

Just now, HOUSE said:

Tyree Jackson to Oakland for a #7

Why would the Raiders do this?  Because the head coach is crazy over under performing QBs

Tyree Jackson, he can win for ya

Image result for jon gruden gif

“Mark, it’s Jon.  Can I borrow your van?  There’s not enough room on the team bus for cast off Bills QBs”.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Stacked in terms oif having lots of similar bottom of the roster guys? I think you can make a legitimate argument that we have one borderline 2/3 receiver (Brown); one established #3 (Beasley); one wildcard (Foster); and then a glut of #5 or #6 receivers (McKenzie, Roberts, Zay, Williams, Cam Phillips etc) and some guys who should be working hard on their shelf stacking skills (McCloud, Sills, Bolden Jnr etc)

Yeah.  A lot of people are mistaking a big improvement in our receiving corps for our receiving corps being good.  We are really crying out for a true #1 WR.  One quality piece there and that unit is above average.  Not so at present. 

I would like to see a trade with Philly or GB for one of their good, surplus OLmen.  

4 hours ago, dezertbill said:

The Bills are stacked in a few areas.  I predict moves similar to the Watkins/Darby trades that we saw a few years back.

Here are my out of the box moves:

LeSean McCoy to the Cowboys for a Conditional 4th-  I predict that Zeke won't be in a Cowboys uniform Week 1, and the Cowboys are in win now mode.  McCoy is in the last year of his deal, and even if Zeke returns his situation wouldn't be any worse than what he's facing in Buffalo.  The Bills are stacked with Gore, Singletary, Yeldon, and this will help them keep Perry for ST.  Cowboys have $23 million in cap space with top 51 players, and this will allow McCoy to face his old team twice a year.  The pick turns into a 5th if Shady doesn't hit certain milestones.

Zay Jones to the Texans for a 5th round pick-   The Bills WR corp is stacked, and I see Jones being the odd man out.  There was a post a while back stating Zay Jones won't be on the roster week 1, and after his father's tweet and the competition at the position, that seems more likely than ever.  The Texans need WR depth, and even though Zay knows every WR position in Buffalo,  he neither possesses the outright speed, shifty route running, or size to grab jump balls that the other receivers offer.

What are your predictions?

They need as much cap space as possible should they extend zeke and also to possibly extend dak and cooper.  They'll need to roll over as much as humanly possible.  Theyd just sign marcus murphy for league minimum at this point.  

If I'm Buffalo I'm not trading Zay Jones for a 5th round pick in 2020... He seems to be a process guy and will do what is asked of him to play.  We're also in win-now mode.

28 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Yeah.  A lot of people are mistaking a big improvement in our receiving corps for our receiving corps being good.  We are really crying out for a true #1 WR.  One quality piece there and that unit is above average.  Not so at present. 

I would like to see a trade with Philly or GB for one of their good, surplus OLmen.  

When you factor in that we have like nothing other than a couple of rookies at tight end too... our pass catchers are near the bottom of the league.  They just aren't probably rock bottom anymore.

• Like (+1) 2

trading any of the wrs (of the top  6)...and that includes duke, is pretty unlikely. zay was a 2nd rd. pick who i believe holds the college career record and is going into his 3rd yr.

whatever happened to the old saying that "it generally takes 3 yrs. for a wr to blossom". i expect him to be better this year.

i'm hoping they line brown and foster on the outsides together...a lot.

anyways, there's gonna be 1000 guys floating around to shop from saturday. i think any trade will happen in october.

• Like (+1) 1

Santa Claus for the Easter Bunny - I hate to say it but Santa is getting a little long in the tooth - getting older, eaten too many cookies, one to many times in and out of the the sleigh and we now have depth at offensive line.  Easter bunny is quicker, has an advantage given that you can't touch anyone down field anymore.  Would love to see Trips Right formation with Smokey Brown, Cole and the Easter Bunny all on one side - even Cheating Bill B. wouldn't be able to stop all that speed and quickness.

Vikings are stacked at WR with two 1s (Diggs, Thielen)

Browns (Odell, Landry)

The Chargers, Rams, Raiders all have a rock solid 1-2. 

We are not stacked by any means.

We don’t even have a 2, on paper anyways. 

I have a funny feeling about AJ Green.  I know he's been bouncing around "rumors" for a while, but given he's set to hit FA, if Tyler Boyd can show himself at all to be anywhere near their #1 option while he's out (which, yes, is probably ridiculous) or if the Bengals get off to a terrible start, I think they'll cut bait and flip him.

13 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I have a funny feeling about AJ Green.  I know he's been bouncing around "rumors" for a while, but given he's set to hit FA, if Tyler Boyd can show himself at all to be anywhere near their #1 option while he's out (which, yes, is probably ridiculous) or if the Bengals get off to a terrible start, I think they'll cut bait and flip him.

I would agree if their owner hadn't already put his stake in the ground on Green retiring a Bengal...that, and the fact that he's not healthy at the moment.

• Like (+1) 1