NFL Live on ESPN disses Bills D

Tatonka68

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

4355 yards, 29 TDs, 66%, rating 98%.   Yup--he's in free fall.

Also, NE has been a top 10 D in points allowed for 12 of the past 13 years.

Would you like to bet that his passes attempted per game will be the lowest of his career this season? Because I would. 

Top ten in points, how good is a D that shuts down Geno Smith, EJ, etc.

3 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Would you like to bet that his passes attempted per game will be the lowest of his career this season? Because I would. 

Top ten in points, how good is a D that shuts down Geno Smith, EJ, etc.

Top 10 for 12 of 13 years.  Somehow you misunderstood that statement.

And why do you think he would have the fewest attempts this season?  He's had 8 seasons where he had fewer att/game than he did last season (35.6, 8th in the NFL).  He would have to drop below 27.5 to have his fewest.  Why would he suddenly do that?

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Top 10 for 12 of 13 years.  Somehow you misunderstood that statement.

And why do you think he would have the fewest attempts this season?  He's had 8 seasons where he had fewer att/game than he did last season (35.6, 8th in the NFL).  He would have to drop below 27.5 to have his fewest.  Why would he suddenly do that?

Because he wore down in the playoffs and they are too good to allow that to happen and cost them another Lombardi. They are going to pound teams this season. 

Just now, CommonCents said:

Because he wore down in the playoffs and they are too good to allow that to happen and cost them another Lombardi. They are going to pound teams this season. 

They just won the SB.....

And he averaged 41 attempts/game and 317 yards.  That's wore down?

44 minutes ago, Augie said:

ESPN. What more do you need to know? 

ESPN is not what it used to be but they do create some incredible in depth shows. It may be different but it’s still valuable, in my opinion. 

Regular Sunday watching: nope. But for in depth shows, yup. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BBills88 said:

Soon as the Bills start winning. 

They all will be jock riding. Like they all do.

After we beat the Rams in 2008 to start 4-0 they were jock riding so hard....then we went 7-9.  They really don't know anything about teams true talent.  They just go with the flavor of the month and the perennials.  We are neither yet.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

ESPN is not what it used to be but they do create some incredible in depth shows. It may be different but it’s still valuable, in my opinion. 

Regular Sunday watching: nope. But for in depth shows, yup. 

I’ll give you that. They do some good stuff, but the every day stuff just gets worse and worse. College hoops recruiting is middle school level work. Now that they broke up Mike & Mike, I watch Dan Patrick. All the shows with a group of guys yelling at each other does nothing for me. I listen to some Cowherd, on FS1 or 2. 

But they DO create some quality in-depth stuff. That’s a very good point. 

• Like (+1) 1

People get WAAAAAAAY too worked up over this stuff. NFL Live is a bunch of talking heads trying to attract viewers and give incredibly basic analysis. The Patriots have won 6 SB's this century. Of course plugging them is going to attract viewers. I would strongly suggest looking elsewhere if you want a detailed breakdown of our LB core vs the Pats LB core.

And there's this; if the Bills actually start WINNING, people are going to want to know why. That's the way it works. We haven't proven anything of note on the football field. Go out and do that and the rest will take care of itself.

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

They just won the SB.....

And he averaged 41 attempts/game and 317 yards.  That's wore down?

We're gonna find out this season my friend! We've had this convo so let's just see what happens.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Defending Champs.

Defense is definitely legit in NE.

Buffalo won 6 games and while 2nd in yards allowed, was mediocre in most other defensive metrics.

Pats shut down one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL last year in the SB and also beat the most prolific offense in the NFL to get there.  

Where is the shock?  Respect is earned on the field.  Bills need to earn it before they can demand it.

Plus the Pats rushed for 270 against Bills last time they played

• Like (+1) 2

Let’s knee cap the bastards!!!

Go Bills!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

People get WAAAAAAAY too worked up over this stuff. NFL Live is a bunch of talking heads trying to attract viewers and give incredibly basic analysis. The Patriots have won 6 SB's this century. Of course plugging them is going to attract viewers. I would strongly suggest looking elsewhere if you want a detailed breakdown of our LB core vs the Pats LB core.

And there's this; if the Bills actually start WINNING, people are going to want to know why. That's the way it works. We haven't proven anything of note on the football field. Go out and do that and the rest will take care of itself.

We're gonna find out this season my friend! We've had this convo so let's just see what happens.

If we didn't hear this every single off season I might believe it.  But then las season happens.

• Thank you (+1) 1