DE Mike Love - on IR, Waive OL Wesley

Reed83HOF

4 minutes ago, GG said:

Darryl Johnson will not clear waivers if they are going to cut him.  Too much raw talent for a DE starved team to pass on.  He looked decent against true backups and it's just a matter of time until he pushes Murphy & Shaq.

They would have kept both. 

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Gotta make room for Clowney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But actually, I like Love on IR as he was a fringe and now we can keep his rights. 

If he doesnt ask for his release off IR once healthy...most players do, unless it really is a many month injury...

Edited by matter2003

37 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Basing this on last year?  Roster change on the margins based on talent, long term strategy, etc.  Why only 4?

Basing it on basic roster management.  You don't waste 2 roster spots on developmental DEs.  Keeping 5 DEs means you're dumping a player from another position group.  Which depth would you be willing to sacrifice to keep Mike Love on the roster?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Gotta make room for Clowney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But actually, I like Love on IR as he was a fringe and now we can keep his rights. 

I dont understand why fans like the idea to stash guys on IR, if they cant play the whole season.  Different player, but I heard some fans suggest the same w/ Robert Foster.  To me that would be a huge disappointment after what Foster showed last year.   

With Mike Love, Why do you care if they keep the  rights of a fringe player?  He is not a rookie. If he was not good enough to make the team this year.  What makes you think he will be an impact player at some point in the future?

Just now, Reks Ryan said:

I dont understand why fans like the idea to stash guys on IR, if they cant play the whole season.  Different player, but I heard some fans suggest the same w/ Robert Foster.  To me that would be a huge disappointment after what Foster showed last year.   

With Mike Love, Why do you care if they keep the  rights of a fringe player?  He is not a rookie. If he was not good enough to make the team this year.  What makes you think he will be an impact player at some point in the future?

Just cause he can’t make this team doesn’t mean he won’t make next years... positional change happens all the time. For one, and for two, I think IR is fine If they’re actually needing it- not just for kicks and giggles.

2 minutes ago, Reks Ryan said:

They may not be stashing him on IR but we will find out soon if they go with an injury settlement.

For 392k as his cost sits now and Shaq a FA next year and Trent being in his "put up this year or you are gone next year" they may see Love

as having a decent chance to being a backup DE in next years rotation.