Stephen Hauschka has signed a two-year contract extension!

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Young man, I just need to be sure that when the chips are down, you can knock through a kick from grass 47 yards out, in a slight Tampa breeze...but absolutely no pressure! :thumbsup:

Buffalo Bills Scott Norwood, Super Bowl XXV Pictures ...

Thanks for posting this picture. Now I have a stomach ache.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Young man, I just need to be sure that when the chips are down, you can knock through a kick from grass 47 yards out, in a slight Tampa breeze...but absolutely no pressure! :thumbsup:

Buffalo Bills Scott Norwood, Super Bowl XXV Pictures ...

Ohhh f——— my life....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I mean why now? Why not wait until you see if he has fully recovered from the hit last year?? Unnecessary and not smart IMO...

Not saying he won't be the same as he was but the timing is very Fitzy...way early.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoeF said:

Was going to be a UFA at the end of year...guessing the Vikings and Bears issues with kickers were a bit of a lesson.  Means Bills aren't interested in Carli Lloyd ?

yeah, kicker purgatory is real.  The Vikings, Bears, and even Steelers have lost important games when they lost good kickers.  

1 hour ago, Reader said:

But the yips! THE YIPS!!!!!!!

Oh Christ! The Finn Yips!!!!!! Dooooomed I say, ?

Hauschka's 86.7% career field goal conversion rate ranks 7th all time in the NFL. He also holds the record for most consecutive made field goals from 50+ yards at 14.

Yeah, that's right: Stephen Hauschka is a top 10 all time kicker in the NFL. The Seahawks were silly to let him go after one down season, and their error has benefitted the Bills greatly.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Logic said:

Hauschka's 86.7% career field goal conversion rate ranks 7th all time in the NFL. He also holds the record for most consecutive made field goals from 50+ yards at 14.

Yeah, that's right: Stephen Hauschka is a top 10 all time kicker in the NFL. The Seahawks were silly to let him go after one down season, and their error has benefitted the Bills greatly.

this is all awesome.... but ignoring the fact that he has been inaccurate this preseason and it dates back to the end of last season is just sorta foolish IMO.

i'm all for giving him another year but lets not act like he's been trending in the right direction or even nearly as good as his first year in buffalo.

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

this is all awesome.... but ignoring the fact that he has been inaccurate this preseason and it dates back to the end of last season is just sorta foolish IMO.

i'm all for giving him another year but lets not act like he's been trending in the right direction or even nearly as good as his first year in buffalo.

Meh. He was admittedly bad at the end of last year, but it mostly came after the cheap shot when he was clearly dealing with injury.

This preseason, he's been rotating between two holders every other time he kicks the ball.

We'll see how things shake out come regular season. The fact that Hauschka says in the article that he had a really good spring and summer and the fact that the Bills re-signed him and Beane has full confidence leads me to believes the team is not at all worried.

Just now, Logic said:

Meh. He was admittedly bad at the end of last year, but it mostly came after the cheap shot when he was clearly dealing with injury.

This preseason, he's been rotating between two holders every other time he kicks the ball.

We'll see how things shake out come regular season. The fact that Hauschka says in the article that he had a really good spring and summer and the fact that the Bills re-signed him and Beane has full confidence leads me to believes the team is not at all worried.

and i'm all for that as well. but please don't state overall career stats and act like they paint a picture of how he's played LATELY..... its not an accurate portrayal.

5 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

and i'm all for that as well. but please don't state overall career stats and act like they paint a picture of how he's played LATELY..... its not an accurate portrayal.

I'm not sure where my original post stated anything about how he's played lately. I simply pointed out that he's a top all time kicker and it was nice that the Seahawks messed up and let him go. 

That being said...I get the Bills fans are nervous about him, but the worry is a bit overblown, in my opinion. If you want to see a kicking game that gives real cause for concern, go look at the Bears or the Jets.

Edited by Logic