Cant stand Aaron Rodgers.

22 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Danica makes a good wing (wo)man for the driving, since Rodgers is often seen indulging.

If need be, she could outrun 'em if she too had indulged. Though they surely hire a driver.

Wonder if Allstate insures Danica ? She's had her share of wrecks driving at her job.

Double check discount.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Remember how Peyton Manning "couldn't win the big games"

He played in 4 Super Bowls and won an awful lot of big games along the way. His teams were always in the playoffs and his Colts teams were the definition of mediocre.

Rogers is Mr. 8-8. Wake me up when his team matters. 

Oh, he will be in the running for MVP while his team wins 6 games and he orders around his head coach though! Best QB in the league! Lol

Bro, Rodgers was a good defense away from winning like three Super Bowls. He had great season after great season that was wasted by an awful GM, head coach, and defense.

That dude balled out and won more games for GB than a lot of QBs. Look what he did to Dallas a few years ago. It was almost a Rodgers vs. Manning SB if the team and coach didn’t choke it away. 

He isn't overrated at all. 

On 8/28/2019 at 2:32 PM, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Change Rodgers to Cam, and we have ourselves a 10-page thread.

Dont like him either. But hey we got six out of this.

On 8/28/2019 at 2:33 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

LOL    You stepped in it with this topic 

As a football player I like him.  His personal life ,,,,  who cares 

Dont care about his personal life. Its about how he talks down to us during football interviews.

On 8/28/2019 at 10:18 PM, Azucho98 said:

If Rodgers is annoying what do you think of Tom Brady or Philip Rivers??

Dont like Rivers, he yelled at Kyle once for hitting him to hard. Shut up you big puzzy.

Tom comes off as as gay when he's around Gazelle but hes tough as hell and admire his drive to win and continue playing.

17 hours ago, iinii said:

I am sure he will be sending you an apology 

yeah he called me today and apologized for being an entitled dick but he has a mental disorder so he cant change his attitude teret syndrome.

13 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

“i hate freedom of speech.” OP

[Moderator Edited to preserve Poster status]

sounds like you do. on

Nowhere did i say he didnt have the right say say whatever he wants, try staying on point.

12 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I've met quite a few pro athletes on commercials. Ive met maybe 20, or so NFL players. I met Rogers on an ESPN gig I did last year for the ESPYs. He was actually one of the more decent guys to be around. Good sense of humor, and friendly to the crew. Gave me some good-natured crap for wearing a Bills hat.

He doesn't present well on tv thats for sure.

11 hours ago, mrags said:

Rodgers is easily a huge dick and a Whiney baby. 

And your 100% right. 2 weeks before the season and you make that decision? That’s horse ?. If he was even remotely considering it, he should have given the team a heads up so they could go another way. Or at least think about it 

Thank you.

If he was hurting THAT BAD he should have retired in the spring, otherwise grind out the year, take a shot a the SB for your teammates and then retire.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Thank you.

If he was hurting THAT BAD he should have retired in the spring, otherwise grind out the year, take a shot a the SB for your teammates and then retire.

How do you know it wasn't a decision reached entirely in the last two weeks? His "calf injury" has been dragging on for months. I'm guessing it was actually a Kevin Durant situation (Achilles being called a calf injury) and he hoped it would have healed by now. When he was faced with the possibility of playing this season with the current injury, which likely came with a higher risk of blowing the tendon, decided to call it a career. 

I can't blame him if that's even partially true. He just went through a 2 year rehab on his throwing shoulder. To stare an Achilles rehab in the face right after that, when you're able to just walk away relatively healthy? Yeah I could see where your mind might change even just a couple weeks from the season.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Dont like Rivers, he yelled at Kyle once for hitting him to hard. Shut up you big puzzy.

Tom comes off as as gay when he's around Gazelle but hes tough as hell and admire his drive to win and continue playing.

Brady tough?? LOL that's hilarious.  

On 8/28/2019 at 3:58 PM, Mister Defense said:

Funny, and I wonder how common dislike for him is?

I am not a fan either. He reminds me a little of McNab, seemingly much more interested in his commercials, endorsements, than his job, what should be his passion.

I think I started disliking him as his awful insurance commercials proliferated.  And because the national media seems to worship him.

The good thing is that I don't think he will ever be back in a Super Bowl.  Personally, he doesn't seem to have the passion or drive to lead a team deep into the playoffs.

Favre was a much better representative for the Packers and Green Bay, in my opinion.

The difference is that no teammates come out and talk badly about Aaron Rodgers. McNabb was not known as some great locker room guy.  Every year that team trades or releases the talented offensive players around him, and yet, he comes ready to play and goes all out for them. Not unlike the Colts in how horribly managed they are. Even Tom Brady talked about how amazing he would be on the Patriots. 

15 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Did I say he was a loser? Did I say he wasn't great?

No, in fact, I said he was "great" many times. Some people seem to struggle with nuance. 

He is not the best QB in the league, IMO. Yours may differ, which is fine. 

Given that so many people label him the best QB in the league, he is overrated in my opinion, because I don't think his level of play warrants being called the best QB in the league. 

I would take the following curently active QB's over Rogers: 

Mahomes

Wilson

Big Ben

Brees

So he's #5 in my book, which is great. But he's overrated by many who have put him #1 for years now, even when Brady and Manning were both putting up obscene numbers still. 

Name a QB who does more with less? When was the last time that they actually spent money on a RB or a target for him? Wilson doesn't is like a 2nd tier Rodgers if anything. They both scramble well, but Rodgers is probably the best pure passer in the NFL. 

Luck and Manning made so-so to bad Colts teams Super Bowl contenders. Rogers makes so-so to bad Green Bay teams Wildcard contenders. To me, that's the difference. 

Just look at Luck's retirement. Before that the Colts were a team a lot of people were picking to win this year's Super Bowl. Now? Most have written them off. 

So I would say both Manning and Luck did more with less in Indy overall, but it's close. You're right that Green Bay hasn't exactly stacked their teams though.

One thing Rogers, Luck and Manning have in common is being good enough to keep incompetent coaches employed. Luck actually had his best coach so far (IMO) in Reich and was great last season, but it was too late because he was so beaten up by previous years of awful roster management and clueless coaching with Pagano. But Rogers had McCarthy, the definition of mediocre to poor, for most of his career. Manning had guys like Caldwell as his head coach, and still won 12+ games and went to the Super Bowl anyway.

If Dungy had stuck around longer in Indy I think they would have won 1-2 more Super Bowls with Manning. 

The advantage that Brady has had is having the GOAT HC (or close to it) his entire career and one system that they run up there. 

So, all that said, we're arguing over whether Rogers is just GREAT or whether he is the BEST QB in the league. I have him top 5, but I don't buy the "best QB in the league" talk that I hear every year regarding Rogers. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Thank you.

I don’t blame him for just walking out the way he did. When your done, your just done. But he has obviously been thinking about it. He could have given them a heads up. It seems like it wasn’t a last minute decision to me. For someone that apparently is such a class guy and good team mate, he really screwed his team mates, team, fans, and city. It’s like they went from possible Super Bowl thoughts to worst team in the league. 

If im the colts, I’m selling everything. Hilton could get some big drafts picks. Ensure your the first pick in the draft, and have a ton of capital to completely reboot. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, mrags said:

I don’t blame him for just walking out the way he did. When your done, your just done. But he has obviously been thinking about it. He could have given them a heads up. It seems like it wasn’t a last minute decision to me. For someone that apparently is such a class guy and good team mate, he really screwed his team mates, team, fans, and city. It’s like they went from possible Super Bowl thoughts to worst team in the league. 

If im the colts, I’m selling everything. Hilton could get some big drafts picks. Ensure your the first pick in the draft, and have a ton of capital to completely reboot. 

Should wait til next year for Trevor Lawrence.