WNYTBDGPS pre-home opener Luncheon

2 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

I missed this, but can anyone recommend a good place for a garbage plate near the Niagara Falls border or Lewiston?  Never had one before.

Head towards Rochester and look for a Bill Gray's or Tom Wahl's. Both have many locations with versions of the plate. But you should try Nick Tauhou's someday to make your own comparison. 

4 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Head towards Rochester and look for a Bill Gray's or Tom Wahl's. Both have many locations with versions of the plate. But you should try Nick Tauhou's someday to make your own comparison. 

I looked up Bill Grays earlier in Google Maps, and there were two closer to me!  Just..."permanently closed".  Uhhh sure thanks Google, so helpful.

If any of you are still in the Rochester area and are looking for a another culinary mountaintop to climb for today, might I suggest the curly bomber at Schmegs diner on Buffalo Road. You won't be disappointed. Great breakfast sandwiches too.

Note: this isn't me in the picture. It is a random google image of the bomber.

l.jpg

Edited by Thunderstruck

18 hours ago, SWATeam said:

I'm all for tradition, but there's zero chance that Nicks is in the top 10 of Rochester plates.

That's OK, you are entitled to your opinion, even when it is wrong!  :D

I am curious though, what ARE the Top Ten Rochester plates?

2 minutes ago, rockpile said:

That's OK, you are entitled to your opinion, even when it is wrong!  :D

I am curious though, what ARE the Top Ten Rochester plates?

There's no accounting for taste!  :D

Dogtown is clearly #1, IMO.  Beyond that, most bar and grills- such as Temple- have a plate that is superior to Nicks.

But, have to give props to the innovator- even though they've been surpassed.

• Like (+1) 1

The Plate Wrap at Hungry's in Pittsford is amazing.  And I too am fond of Dogtown's offering.  Webster Hots gets good reviews up here at work so I may have to try it again - it's been a few years and the place has changed owners at least once.