Good Josh Allen article from Yahoo

Zerovoltz

Shockingly from Yahoo that was a good article.

I especially  was impressed with Allen renting out a house and inviting skill plays for  some one on one and Allen also playing WR and CB, lets him see the QB play from a different perspective.  I think that is a great idea during the off-season and certainly builds team chemistry

Not sure about this line though, "The Bills love his field vision and smarts" not so sure about that, especially after that last performance which I pray was a fluke.

You cant doubt Allen's physical attributes and his willingness to be a leader and put the work in, the two usually lead to success as a QB.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Interesting article, but what's with the gratuitous reference to the old stadium?  

Maybe because it’s an old stadium, I don’t think anyone could say it’s a bad stadium for game watching, in fact just the opposite. It is just that it lacks the amenities that have been in demand throughout the NFL for some number of years now. Me I wish they could transplant the stadium into downtown Buffalo as it is, but reality says otherwise.

Nice article, up beat and did not avoid the issues of a young QB finding his way.

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

55 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Interesting article, but what's with the gratuitous reference to the old stadium?  

One of the great sports experiences is a summer evening game at Dodger Stadium. What surprises many people is that it is the third oldest stadium in MLB after Fenway and Wrigley. Because a place is "old" doesn't necessarily mean it's crappy.

3 minutes ago, yungmack said:

One of the great sports experiences is a summer evening game at Dodger Stadium. What surprises many people is that it is the third oldest stadium in MLB after Fenway and Wrigley. Because a place is "old" doesn't necessarily mean it's crappy.

Yeah, but the stadium in Orchard Park IS crappy, and most definitely needs to be replaced.

12 minutes ago, yungmack said:

So true! Saw a game out there a couple of months back, Dodgers stadium is very nice place to catch a game, as is New Era.

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Shockingly from Yahoo that was a good article.

I especially  was impressed with Allen renting out a house and inviting skill plays for  some one on one and Allen also playing WR and CB, lets him see the QB play from a different perspective.  I think that is a great idea during the off-season and certainly builds team chemistry

Not sure about this line though, "The Bills love his field vision and smarts" not so sure about that, especially after that last performance which I pray was a fluke.

You cant doubt Allen's physical attributes and his willingness to be a leader and put the work in, the two usually lead to success as a QB.

I hope it was a fluke too but it was much more like what we saw last year than the week prior, so perhaps the Panthers game will prove to be the fluke. But I really believe Josh will have moments where he gets a little too comfortable and then he will make mistake and youl see him bounce back in game. I would have loved to see (not really, in a virtual simulation world or something) Josh stay in the Lions game for the second half to see how he improved. I do think it would not have been the same as the first half.

Also here is a thread from the author of the article:

Edited by jletha

2 hours ago, jletha said:

I hope it was a fluke too but it was much more like what we saw last year than the week prior, so perhaps the Panthers game will prove to be the fluke. But I really believe Josh will have moments where he gets a little too comfortable and then he will make mistake and youl see him bounce back in game. I would have loved to see (not really, in a virtual simulation world or something) Josh stay in the Lions game for the second half to see how he improved. I do think it would not have been the same as the first half.

Thanks, that read was as good as his original story, maybe better.

36 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Care to elaborate?  What is missing from the game day experience?

Well, I've been in 334/15/28&29 the past 4 (or is it 5?) years. 50 steps up to go to the bathroom, unless I want to go down and wait 10-15 minutes to get to a troth. Great seats, but a couple of issues:

1) step # 13 is 1/4 inch higher than the others. Measured it when I started noticing how many tripped over the same step. Can't tell you how many have tripped over this step over the years, but at least a couple a game.

2) no hand rails. This is the issue that kept me from renewing tickets this year. Arthritis was really kicking up in my ankle when I had to decide about tickets, and without the stability of a hand rail I would have to move very slowly up and down stairs or risk falling. Quite simply, I didn't feel safe.

Edited by Steve O
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Element115 said:

Yeah, but the stadium in Orchard Park IS crappy, and most definitely needs to be replaced.

Breaking a tradition by responding to a fresh troll. New Era stadium has some of the best sightlines in the NFL. 

Great place too see a game. The structual issue IMO is the narrow claustrophobic concourses. 

It is one of the hardest and most expensive problems to solve. That said stay home, or go to Jerrah's palace and 

drop $120.00 for a round table pizza in the suites. 

Edited by Best Player Available
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, jletha said:

They were working on the run game specifically. The play calling was obvious amd unplanned. It was most definitely a fluke.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Maybe you are not so bad after all  ;)  :lol:  :beer:

It's the quarterly troll insurance policy requirement of saying something nice in order to keep premiums down and Shady off his back! :D

( I kid, I kid) 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, yungmack said:

Truth about Dodger Stadium.  Great place to watch a game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, purple haze said:

Truth about Dodger Stadium.  Great place to watch a game.

It’s in Chavez Ravine. It’s a lot like The Ralph in that much of is below the ground around it. They both used the build it lower in the ground to build it more economically... less supporting superstructure.