2019 Win Total Prediction  

182 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Wins in 2019?

• 12+
    • 10-11
    • 8-9
    • 6-7
    • 5 or less

The meaningful preseason games are over - hopefully the injuries that come with them too - and it seems that the Clowney to Buffalo talk was just smoke from smaller sources all along. 

That being said, we should all have a feel for most of the final 53 and should certainly have a feel for the more important components of the final 53.  

How are we feeling with a week and a half to go until the regular season?

Personally, I’m looking at the 8-8 to 9-7 category. I think we’re going to be a very strong playoff contender that impresses across the league but just can’t pull it off in the end. A stout defense that helps the offense pull off multiple 2+ possession wins, but a progressing offense that isn’t just quite there yet and sees us drop a fair share of very close games. 

We’ve made a lot of additions in the off-season, but it was a lot of average. It’s an average team all around the board, they could see a playoff appearance if McDermott continues to grow in what I think has already been an impressive coaching career or if Josh takes a big step forward. 

However at the end of the day I see us falling just short but having a strong enough season to leave a lot of optimism heading into 2020 as a team seen as a true breakout candidate. 

What say Two Bills Drive? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

all of them

But i'm pretty sure this has been discussed multiple times.

Wow we made it 4 posts before the “use the search function!” or “IT’S RIGHT ON THE 7TH PAGE HAVEN’T YOU STALKED THE BOARD YET!” brigade. 

Maybe it has been discussed, but now here’s a poll dedicated specifically to the topic at a time where we’ll have the best understanding of the team until the regular season.  People’s opinions can change since they last discussed it, I don’t see the harm in this getting it’s own thread and poll right now. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, elijah said:

Wow we made it 4 posts before the “use the search function!” or “IT’S RIGHT ON THE 7TH PAGE HAVEN’T YOU STALKED THE BOARD YET!” brigade. 

Maybe it has been discussed, but now here’s a poll dedicated specifically to the topic at a time where we’ll have the best understanding of the team until the regular season.  People’s opinions can change since they last discussed it, I don’t see the harm in this getting it’s own thread and poll right now. 

Maybe if we were in the Colts situation, I could see this being brought up, but luckily for us, we're not.

2 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

Maybe if we were in the Colts situation, I could see this being brought up, but luckily for us, we're not.

I think it also gains value in the fact that it’s a poll dedicated to one single question based on the wins rather than being spread out through multiple threads. You can open this and see a true consensus rather than guessing at it based on the tone in a few different threads, one maybe with a more pessimistic outlook and another with a more optimistic outlook. 

There’s also a lot of members on the board that tend to surf and don’t add posts all too often that could simply vote in this and add a little more voice than they usually do. 

Just trying to to get a more complete look at what the board thinks. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, elijah said:

I was ready to pile on about the lack of value having yet another thread on "how many wins" until you pointed out that there's now a poll. A poll, a poll changes everything. Feel free to rehash everything already hashed out many times as long as you have a poll.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Lots of optimism here...

I can't vote from my phone, but I would be in the 6-7 camp.

I would be absolutely shocked this year if the Bills finished with 6 wins. Allen would have to play worse than he did last year for that to happen IMO. The schedule is favorable for the first time I can remember. Jets x2, Dolphins x2, Giants, Bengals, Redskins, Broncos, Ravens, Steelers. All games against teams that have serious question marks. It is not far fetched that Buffalo faces Fitzpatrick, Rosen, Jones, Dalton, Haskins, Flacco, Lamar Jackson and the corpse of Ben Rothlisberger. 

Edited by Bills2ref
  • Like (+1) 1