Is there anything more tedious than Fantasy Football talk?

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Judge much? I am in a league with some guys who actually played in the nfl. Hot take on your part, but fell flat. 

Yeah, I know it has become more mainstream, that's part of the annoyance.  I guess it will never die off now... I see OJ is playing fantasy football too these days.

Having sports shows on TV and radio dedicated to helping people draft fantasy teams is only slightly less lame than reality TV like Jersey Shore or the Bachelor.

37 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I honestly think fantasy talk is more interesting than a lot of regular sports talk. At least the fantasy stuff gets you some interesting stats that you wouldn't hear otherwise. I'd rather listen to that than listening to the Skip Baylesses and Stephen A Smith's of the world.

Bamboo shoots under fingernails is more enjoyable than hearing Skip Bayless or Stephen Smith Talk about anything.  Just sayin, 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Bamboo shoots under fingernails is more enjoyable than hearing Skip Bayless or Stephen Smith Talk about anything.  Just sayin, 

Stephen A Smith is one of the most entertaining guys on sports talk.  He’s become self aware and he’s hilarious.  Skip is just a joke and it makes me angry that he makes a cent with his terrible opinions.  

8 hours ago, Element115 said:

Fantasy football is for the geeks who could never play real football.

NFL players play fantasy football.

7 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Adults Participating in this child’s game is to me, a bit odd, especially considering there is real football right there in front of them.  To me it would be as fruitless as participating in fantasy driveway shoveling... just sayin, 

Go Bills

And yet others watch dumb reality shows of people sitting around talking.

24 minutes ago, ColeB said:

NFL players play fantasy football.

And yet others watch dumb reality shows of people sitting around talking.

Interesting...

Go Bills!!!

The couple seasons I played fantasy football were a lot of fun. Makes the other games of the week interesting. I'm in a league at work where we pick the winners every week. Makes the football season more interesting. 

I have noticed that a lot of Bills fans on this board seem to be an older generation. If you want good football talk listen to NFL radio on Sirius. No fantasy talk there. 

9 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Real football talk isn't enough. Let's add PRETEND football talk to the mix! I get why these nerds get on radio. Shows are long and you have to fill them with something. But no one really knows what players are going to do this season. No one. I don't care that you picked up Shady McCoy for $2 in a late round of an auction draft. You might as well be telling me how many nose hairs you have.

I have noticed that Schopp and Bulldog spend more and more time on fantasy football all the time.

Yesterday, with Bulldog out on vacation, Schopp dedicated an entire day to it...which meant I shut the radio off.

Every time that guy starts talking about his 20 fantasy leagues and his addiction to gambling, I shut it off, unless I'm listening tape delayed, and then I FF until the fantasy crap is finished. 

I just have no interest in it and it's not really related to real football at all.

They might as well be spending time discussing cosmetics application techniques.  

I'd shut that off too.

9 hours ago, DJB said:

I'd say the professional  basket weaving championships  are slightly more boring!

You either love fantasy  football  or you dont. Pretty simple.

I agree, and there is no in-between, which is why the decision to spend more and more time on it at WGR-550 is kind of a risky one.

There is a segment of their audience that probably loves it, but there is definitely a segment to the audience that hates it.

And not everyone cares about listening to sports talk radio in the first place!  Not sure how they can afford to throw away a segment of their audience with fantasy discussion.

9 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Schopp/Bulldog get a guaranteed switch to Pandora from me when they start talking about their “moves.” Prolly mostly filler for their lack of preparation as to actual substance concerning the Bills, for example :doh:

Is this a cut/paste from the unpopular opinions thread? :D

Also, a lower cal option is hot sauce for the ketchup, but I can’t be mad at you for the premise lol. 

Sriracha works well on anything that's warm.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

"Is there anything more tedious than Fantasy Football talk?"

Yes: Talking about the tediousness of fantasy football talk.

How about complaining about the tediousness of talking about the tediousness of fantasy football talk!?

That's gotta be more tedious.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

How about complaining about the tediousness of talking about the tediousness of fantasy football talk!?

That's gotta be more tedious.

Well personally I like that, so you won't see any complaining from me!

9 hours ago, Bangarang said:

People that don’t put ketchup on scrambled eggs shouldn’t be trusted.

If you use sweet chili sauce which is tomato based does that count as okay?

Personally I think all Fantasy Football (and Xbix and Madden) should be on its own forum.

12 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Real football talk isn't enough. Let's add PRETEND football talk to the mix! I get why these nerds get on radio. Shows are long and you have to fill them with something. But no one really knows what players are going to do this season. No one. I don't care that you picked up Shady McCoy for $2 in a late round of an auction draft. You might as well be telling me how many nose hairs you have.

I do not play anymore because I do not have anymore time each week than to watch games but it is a great way to know more about the League versus one team.