Is there anything more tedious than Fantasy Football talk?

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Real football talk isn't enough. Let's add PRETEND football talk to the mix! I get why these nerds get on radio. Shows are long and you have to fill them with something. But no one really knows what players are going to do this season. No one. I don't care that you picked up Shady McCoy for $2 in a late round of an auction draft. You might as well be telling me how many nose hairs you have.

Explain why the same people routinely win. 

Not enough negative fans around to slam on so you’re going with the Get Off My Lawn stuff. Come on.

I hated fantasy too until I played.

• Like (+1) 1

I am probably in a minority for my age (30) but I never cared to get into fantasy football. Just seems like a time sink, for it to be worth while (make money) you are either just lucky or spend tons of time studying.... I just like to watch and enjoy the Bills games without the distraction of fantasy points.

So I agree, since I don't play, you tune in to listen to a sports show and they are talking about basically an equivalent of a board game is kind of silly.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m willing to bet I played at a higher level of football than you and I love fantasy football.  Basically, it is job training for my future job as Bills GM (Yahoo just gave me an A for my draft last night and predicted I will go 11-2!).

and I get the general point.  But how many times can you talk about the battle for 7th receiver on the team?  And in some ways, I think fantasy football has made fans more knowledgeable about the nfl as a whole.  I play fantasy baseball (that’s a grind) and it’s the only reason I know any thing about baseball.  Also, I feel bad that some of you don’t have friends to have a fantasy football league.  That makes me sad.  It’s a great way to stay in touch with people.  We go out for our drafts and have midseason retreats (an excuse to just party for a weekend).  Friends are fun. 

I can still toss the rock over dem mountains. 

My team is predicted 1-13, D+. They just calculate projected total points. Which is crap. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

I can still toss the rock over dem mountains. 

My team is predicted 1-13, D+. They just calculate projected total points. Which is crap. 

I still get disappointed every year at the draft when they don’t call my name. ?.

i make my amends by dominating my friends and taking their money in fake football. 

• Like (+1) 1

Real football talk isn't enough. Let's add PRETEND football talk to the mix! I get why these nerds get on radio. Shows are long and you have to fill them with something. But no one really knows what players are going to do this season. No one. I don't care that you picked up Shady McCoy for $2 in a late round of an auction draft. You might as well be telling me how many nose hairs you have.

Not tedious. Annoying 

Agree 100%.  I don't give a flying F about who you should start in your flex position during week 4.  I don't care that you have 20 FF teams.  It is so annoying to me.  Especially when people are calling in to ask about their team.  Be an adult, make a f'n decision on your own.  My lord. 

Ive been trying to gag down WGR55 on my 10 minutes commute each day to get some NFL talk prior to the season. But it's devolved further than I ever thought it could with the fantasy and gambling BS. I get it, these guys are nerds and live a fantasy life covering children's games for a living but holy hell. My favorite is when they act like they could be a real sports GM and question everything then undercut that 'credibility" two days later saying how hard it is to run a "fantasy team." Hilarious. Sorry, if you're a fantasy sports player and junkie, you're missing a lot in life. 

1 hour ago, Element115 said:

Fantasy football is for the geeks who could never play real football.

Except I have several friends who played in Pros or college and they play like they are a crack addict.  I played sports all my life and still play lots of sports at 43 and I have 3 big screen TVs in my living room just because of fantasy football.  Bills game is on the 65” and Redzone and another game I wanna see on the two 50” TVs.  

Also makes it easy on my lady for Night games where I can put the game on the side TV with no volume and watch something together on the bigger TV.  Unless of course it’s the Bills playing on the night game, in which that goes on the big TV with volume.  

Side bonus...Laker game is always on one of the side TVs too if we are watching something else.

So...you’re absolutely incorrect.  

25 minutes ago, eball said:

Cole Beasley will be my final round pick in every league I'm in this year.

That’s what I said, but in all 3 drafts John Brown and Cole Beasley were there and I couldn’t decide and took Brown.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

I used to think the same until I got into one.  It is fun and adds some excitement to games other than the Bills.  It is innocent fun with no downside.

I do have a hard time picking players form other AFCE teams.  Would rather lose in FF than in real life.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

That’s what I said, but in all 3 drafts John Brown and Cole Beasley were there and I couldn’t decide and took Brown.  

In a PPR league I'd take Beasley...non-PPR Brown is the better bet.  Beasley will get the volume; I'm thinking an 80+ catch season, which is 5 per game.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, nucci said:

No it's not...i was a real good athlete in my younger days......I enjoy sports and enjoy playing fantasy. 

Having said that, I agree about the talking stuff. I don't listen to those people...just the friends in our league