Grits: Yes or no.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Mmmmm grits. ?

Tips: never instant. blech ?

I don't eat grits for breakfast..ever.

Do have them a bit with dinner..especially when i make shrimp and grits. But have to be stone ground!  BTW, thinking of doing shrimp and grits for the opener. Everyone does BBQ, i do something southern usually! You making the opener?

I would highly suggest these BTW..only ones we buy

https://byrdmill.com/product/5-lb-old-tyme-white-grits/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

I don't eat grits for breakfast..ever.

Do have them a bit with dinner..especially when i make shrimp and grits. But have to be stone ground!  BTW, thinking of doing shrimp and grits for the opener. Everyone does BBQ, i do something southern usually! You making the opener?

I would highly suggest these BTW..only ones we buy

https://byrdmill.com/product/5-lb-old-tyme-white-grits/

Maybe you could pick the NE game instead? 

Nope! I have a banana and skim milk every morning.

My wife came home from Boston a day early last week because a co-worker (born, breed and educated in NYC) in Atlanta for a few days. My southern wife took her to a 50’s style diner (OK Cafe for the locals) for breakfast so she could introduce her to grits. Her guest had an egg white omelette and grits. She looked down at her meal and said “Wow, I’ve never had an all white meal on a white plate. Not much to look at!” 

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Maybe you could pick the NE game instead? 

might be!!!! i am just trying to figure out the appropriate cooking vessels for both the shrimp and the grits !!!

I already have the shrimp for both games..deciding between a shrimp boil and shrimp and grits!

@Augie, grits are for more than breakfast..you like polenta?

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

might be!!!! i am just trying to figure out the appropriate cooking vessels for both the shrimp and the grits !!!

I already have the shrimp for both games..deciding between a shrimp boil and shrimp and grits!

I can bring a cast iron fry pan you can toss in someone’s grill. Let me know.

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

No. Wifee loves them. I have to add so much butter, salt & pepper just to make it TASTE.

Not worth the effort.

Grits are delicious! I don't know why, but I like them with butter. I don't go out of my way to find them, but if they are being served...why not.

8 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I was kidding my wife she could take her out for polenta instead, but it would cost her twice as much! That made me google it....I think grits is made from white corn and pretty fine in texture, and polenta is made from yellow corn and more corse. Either way, you need to find a way to add flavor. No? 

13 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I can bring a cast iron fry pan you can toss in someone’s grill. Let me know.

We have a fairly large cast iron pan can render the bacon and do the shrimp in..it is a pot big enough to make grits for 12-20 people i am worried about..now you have motivated me to go to restaurant supply store at lunch!