Wade's World - Pre Season Game 4. Needs to clear waivers

yeah I know Do we need another Wade thread?   Mods are free to move if they deem it so.

There's been much more to Wade's journey than meets the eye  - SAL CAPACCIO

https://sports.yahoo.com/m/d2878f31-75a6-3df0-8d37-ff6f58818748/there%26%2339%3Bs-been-much-more-to.html

The Bills running back reflects on what it has taken to get to this point

The entire football world knows him and his story, and I mean that literally. The Bills have had more requests from all around the world to interview him over the last couple of weeks than they have anyone else, including quarterback Josh Allen.

Wade said he’s been told he’ll get plenty of playing time, but even admits he’s not sure if that’s just playful “banter” or real. The Bills will most likely rest veteran backs LeSean McCoy and Frank Gore. Devin Singletary figures to be a key part of their offense this year, so he may not play much, if at all, either. Senorise Perry has been dealing with an injury all week and hasn’t practiced, which leaves his status for the game in doubt. That leaves Wade, T.J. Yeldon, and Marcus Murphy as the most likely running backs for them against Minnesota.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Depending how he plays tomorrow, I wouldn't be totally opposed to Wade making the 53-man roster as the 4th back.  i'm not sold on Yeldon.  I know he has the potential, but I think Wade's heart is in it more.  Everyone loves a Cinderella story or a Rudy story, Wade could be that guy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

Depending how he plays tomorrow, I wouldn't be totally opposed to Wade making the 53-man roster as the 4th back.  i'm not sold on Yeldon.  I know he has the potential, but I think Wade's heart is in it more.  Everyone loves a Cinderella story or a Rudy story, Wade could be that guy. 

Nope, nope, and nope.  Wade may develop into a serviceable NFL RB but at this point in his career he'd be a liability on any 53 man roster.  He is destined for Buffalo's PS and we can hope he develops there.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

Yeldon had 900 all purpose yards and 5 TDs last season.  You think some  Rugby Rudy "story" is worth more than that??

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yeldon had 900 all purpose yards and 5 TDs last season.  You think some  Rugby Rudy "story" is worth more than that??

I think it's worth a look.  Whoever is the 4th back, will probably hardly ever see the field anyway, unless they are in there to block or because the game is lopsided.  What better way to learn then to get thrown into the fire.

1 minute ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

I think it's worth a look.  Whoever is the 4th back, will probably hardly ever see the field anyway, unless they are in there to block or because the game is lopsided.  What better way to learn then to get thrown into the fire.

4th back should be a guy just like Yeldon, not some dude who is learning how to play football....

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

LOL 

Awesome nickname WEO   good job 

Wade oops Rugby Rudy getting multiple reps will let us know if he has a clue about American football and if it is even worth putting him on the PS at all.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Nope, nope, and nope.  Wade may develop into a serviceable NFL RB but at this point in his career he'd be a liability on any 53 man roster.  He is destined for Buffalo's PS and we can hope he develops there.

Any team in a rebuilding mode could easily claim Wade. Very little to lose but lots of upside.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HOUSE said:

Any team in a rebuilding mode could easily claim Wade. Very little to lose but lots of upside.

Could but won't.  I don't think people understand just how difficult learning to play in the NFL from scratch is.  I would be shocked if an NFL team puts Wade on their active roster.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, eball said:

Could but won't.  I don't think people understand just how difficult learning to play in the NFL from scratch is.  I would be shocked if an NFL team puts Wade on their active roster.

I would not. I however don't spend nearly as much time on the practice field with him so what would I know about where he is.

Edited by fansince88

7 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

I would not.

Nor would I. So far you guys have only seen a small fraction of what Wade can do.

I will go as far as to say that he definitely will be on the active roster of one of the NFL teams, and Bills fans had better hope it's theirs, as they have been the ones training him in the ways of American Football. Otherwise they will see him making yards and TDs for one of their opponents.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, mrags said:

Not the OP. Just the people thinking Wade can be picked up by another team this year if the Bills use the 11th man PS spot on him. 

?‍♂️

But if they want to be able to bring him up they would have to put him on the 10. If they use the 11 they cannot but neither can anyone else.