Any All-Pro Bills this year?

On 10/9/2019 at 6:16 PM, Mr. WEO said:

Maybe.  Poyer is not an All Pro. Doesn’t belong in the discussion.  

22 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

My guess would be Micah Hyde. 

The secondary is loaded with talent. I have to acknowledge Kevin Johnson & Dean Marlowe as well. 

^THIS^......Although I will point out that Mr. not All Pro Poyer collected 5 interceptions in 2017, and another 4 interceptions in 2018...he also has 1 in 5 games this year.....Let us not forget that he was drafted by the Eagles in the 7th round...He bounced to the Browns...and then became elite in this defense. He has lost gap integrity a few times in the run game, but I would not trade poyer for anyone, especially because he knows and thrives in this defense, as his paper stats have shown. 

30 minutes ago, Josh Ballin' said:

The secondary is loaded with talent. I have to acknowledge Kevin Johnson & Dean Marlowe as well. 

^THIS^......Although I will point out that Mr. not All Pro Poyer collected 5 interceptions in 2017, and another 4 interceptions in 2018...he also has 1 in 5 games this year.....Let us not forget that he was drafted by the Eagles in the 7th round...He bounced to the Browns...and then became elite in this defense. He has lost gap integrity a few times in the run game, but I would not trade poyer for anyone, especially because he knows and thrives in this defense, as his paper stats have shown. 

There is absolutely no chance he would be named an All Pro this season.  None.  The topic of this thread.  Move on.

I'd be pretty surprised if Edmunds made it unless he picks his play up by a pretty large amount. Generally speaking, you need to be among the league leaders in one of two categories to make the All-Pro team as a linebacker: tackles or sacks. The only exceptions are guys that are like top 20ish in tackles and also among the league leaders in pass breakups.

Edmunds currently ranks 49th in tackles (if we add in a 6th game at his current average, that still only gets him up to 32nd) and he has 0 sacks and 0 pass breakups.

He's been good this season but he just isn't putting up the type of numbers that have been required to make one of the All-Pro teams in recent history. Maybe the NFL rewards Buffalo's defense and gives it someone with relatively underwhelming numbers, but I would guess it's more likely to be one of the safeties or corners at the moment.

• 2 months later...

I feel like some commenters might be confusing pro bowl with all pro.  

The only possible all pro on the team is Tre and I think he has legit shot because the all pro team tends to be based on production and not just name recognition.

Pro bowl is another thing entirely and I think Phillips and Smoke have a legit shot.

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

T. White

J. Phillips

J. Brown

J. Feliciano

and either Edmunds, Milano or both.

Hold your horses hahaha

White I agree, the others might be all pros in our hearts.

J. Brown and Phillips are Pro Bowlers though.

11 minutes ago, Antonio said:

Hold your horses hahaha

White I agree, the others might be all pros in our hearts.

J. Brown and Phillips are Pro Bowlers though.

I'd say white is likely a 1st teamer.  There's a few guys who could sneak in as 2nd teamers though.  Phillips could sneak into first or 2nd - 9.5 sacks for a DT is a lot, and leads the AFC for interior linemen.  Brown has a chance for 2nd team ?  Needs a serious push though Sutton, Hopkins, Allen seem like locks and edelman and chark are all right there. 

• Like (+1) 1