Any All-Pro Bills this year?

14 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I think as of last week Hyde was PFF’s highest rated safety on the season. 

The way these guys play team defense I don’t know if anyone is gonna garner a bunch of individual attention. 

That was brought up on WGR this morning (which is why I bumped the thread). The stats might not be eye popping right now, and it's a real team effort and 1/11 mentality, but there are still a couple weak teams on the schedule that could boost them. Hyde and White do have a couple INTs between them, and Hyde a FF. 

17 minutes ago, mannc said:

Well, Mario never was much good in coverage.

To be fair, we've dropped linemen into zone coverage a few times this year as well, but our coverage disguises are so much better with McDermott and Frazier.

That being said, Mario was a very good pass rusher, and putting him into coverage takes him away from what he does best and puts him in a position where he isn't nearly as effective.

10 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

4 out of 5 good to great years here... guy was well worth the money. Still don't understand the hate for him.

1st year wasn't "great" IMO, but it waa fresh off a monster deal and expectation were through the roof, and IIRC he was dealing with a hand injury most of the year.

But I agree, he was worth it. Huge GW play against GB, owning Tannehill, and chasing down Vick from behind stick out to me (aside from simply mentioning his play and stats).

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

22 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think you mean his last one.

He was an all pro in 2014. His last year here was 2015.

I stand corrected, his first three years he earned the contract, his fourth and last year here, not so much.  The fact that Rex was the coach in 2015 was just a coincidence...

On 8/28/2019 at 9:39 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

Tre White would be my first guess, followed by Edmunds.

Dark horse....Jerry Hughes.  With Oliver at the 3 tech lined up next to Hughes...it should give Hughes more one on one match ups.  Oliver should also help prevent the QB into stepping up in the pocket.  I think Hughes could slide into a 2nd team All Pro if he gets to 11-12 sacks.

Tre White has not racked up a lot of stats thus far in the season.  Opposing QBs are not targeting him.  That makes it hard to get recognition.

• Like (+1) 1

Without question, the first Bill that should be chosen is none other than:  LEVI WALLACE

He is quietly having the best season of any player on this elite defense.  He doesn't get near enough credit, and there are a couple games I am not sure we win if not for a couple of critical plays he made.  He has been our best corner over Tre, and thats not to disrespect Tre who is also very good, thats just how good Levi is playing.  He is what Milano was to us last year, a guy playing at an All Pro level and mostly totally under the radar.

There is a lot of football left, and I do think there are other guys who could make their case over the rest of the season...of course Edmunds, Hyde, Poyer, and Tre will probably get the most attention and have a shot.  Hughes and John Brown also could make their case too as the season progresses.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/28/2019 at 6:44 AM, row_33 said:

this doesn't count if they were the 6th choice for Pro Bowl and the first to accept the invite?

Pro Bowl selection is not the same as All Pro.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

Tre White has not racked up a lot of stats thus far in the season.  Opposing QBs are not targeting him.  That makes it hard to get recognition.

He's tied for 1st in the AFC in INTs at CB, has 19 tackles and a forced fumble. If he plays at a similar level and adds a few more INTs, he should at least get consideration. 

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat