Any All-Pro Bills this year?

34 minutes ago, H2o said:

I can think of a few guys who might make the list:

1. Matt Milano -I think Milano has the best chance, imo, as he is probably the most instinctive player on the front 7 and he's always around the ball making plays. 

2. Tremaine Edmunds - If he is really getting the game mentally then it is going to be fun to watch him play this year. The athletic ability was already there.

3. Levi Wallace - If he puts together an entire season like he did in the handful of starts he did last year then I think he gains some notoriety.

4. Micah Hyde - If he's back there ball hawking and flying around like a couple of years ago then there aren't many better.

5. Josh Allen - If Allen throws for 3500-4000 yards and 25-30 TD's and rushes for another 600 yards with 7-10 TD's then he will be in the convo. 

6. Mitch Morse - If the guy can stay healthy through the year and the team is successful I believe he gets recognition as the key OL addition.

If Morse didn't make it on that Chiefs offense last year, no way he could make it on the Bills.

Edmunds is the most likely.

While I do see Edmunds making a big leap this year, I can't see him being the best MLB in the league quite yet.  That means he's got to jump over Keuchly (who could miss time with concussions again very easily) and Wagner who is just an absolute stud still.  I don't think he can make that big of a leap yet, but Pro-bowl?  Sure.

I like the Hyde option, also I think Tre White has a shot.  He is damn good.  In fact, I would say he has the best shot on the team of making it.

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If Morse didn't make it on that Chiefs offense last year, no way he could make it on the Bills.

The Chiefs have a lot more "perceived" talent on that team and he only played in 11 games last year. If he comes here and right's the ship with this OL, being the state it was in last year, I believe he does get that recognition. 

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

The Chiefs have a lot more "perceived" talent on that team and he only played in 11 games last year. If he comes here and right's the ship with this OL, being the state it was in last year, I believe he does get that recognition. 

I don't think there's any chance that he's the one.

2 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Just cause it’s Buffalo I’ll say no.  NFL doesn’t seem to think we exist.  

Stop.  Guess why we haven’t had all pros?  Because our team hasn’t been good. White and Hyde have the best shots, but I think cb is too deep.

16 minutes ago, H2o said:

You think the Chiefs talent is just perceived?  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

I can think of a few guys who might make the list:

1. Matt Milano -I think Milano has the best chance, imo, as he is probably the most instinctive player on the front 7 and he's always around the ball making plays. 

2. Tremaine Edmunds - If he is really getting the game mentally then it is going to be fun to watch him play this year. The athletic ability was already there.

3. Levi Wallace - If he puts together an entire season like he did in the handful of starts he did last year then I think he gains some notoriety.

4. Micah Hyde - If he's back there ball hawking and flying around like a couple of years ago then there aren't many better.

5. Josh Allen - If Allen throws for 3500-4000 yards and 25-30 TD's and rushes for another 600 yards with 7-10 TD's then he will be in the convo. 

6. Mitch Morse - If the guy can stay healthy through the year and the team is successful I believe he gets recognition as the key OL addition.

Good list, but Tre White has to be on there, too. I may swap him for Matt. He's looked a little slow in preseason.

Bills players with any realistic shot at All Pro this year:

Hyde

Poyer

Edmunds

White

Milano

Hughes

Morse

Dark Horse: Nsekhe

Let's also note that it'd take a better than all-pro level season for any Bills player to get that recognition due to media. If we win 10-11 games, we should have at least 1.

Edited by 947

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Edmunds is a good bet because if the simple stuff does click his game translates well to garnering national attention - he will make major splash plays in the passing game. 

Tre White has a chance as well but I think he needs to get his hands on more balls. If he can his INT number up a bit then he will be in with a shout. 

I thought about White. He's obviously a good player, certainly pro bowl worthy, but I think team will try to avoid throwing his wat as much as they can, so his numbers may not jump out IMO. Granted AP doesn't vote on popularity, so shutting guys down and opposing passer rating when throwing his way should factor in. Tough call regarding White IMO, but not because I don't think he's worthy. Our defense is very "bend, dont break", so how that correlates could go either way. They limit big play opportunities in the passing game, and give away the short stuff and swarm to the ball. Maybe that helps his chances, maybe it hurts his chances.

Your point about Edmunds is a big reason why I think he'll garner more consideration. He's a big dude, who just sticks out in general, and if he becomes less of a liability against the run, and continues to make game changing plays with passes defensed and INTs, he'll be a solid bet.

But as someone else mentioned, a winning team is a major factor for any voter/votes.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Tre White would be my first guess, followed by Edmunds.

Dark horse....Jerry Hughes.  With Oliver at the 3 tech lined up next to Hughes...it should give Hughes more one on one match ups.  Oliver should also help prevent the QB into stepping up in the pocket.  I think Hughes could slide into a 2nd team All Pro if he gets to 11-12 sacks.

Hughes didn't even cross my mind for some reason (started thread pre-coffee), and I'm a big fan of his game. His sack numbers last year likely would have been higher with a more effective line next to him. If Oliver can refine his game sooner than later, and Murphy is as advertised (by Bills staff), Hughes should feast.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Stop.  Guess why we haven’t had all pros?  Because our team hasn’t been good. White and Hyde have the best shots, but I think cb is too deep.

I mean when your team is good, and putting up these huge numbers, the skill players on the front lines of that will get more of the recognition. It's hard not to give all of the accolades to Mahomes, Kelce, and Hill. In that perception the job being done by some others might get overlooked a bit. Maybe I chose the wrong word to convey my thought, but that was the intent. 

27 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Pretty much this. Hyde has a shot. White has a shot but in a more crowded field.  That’s pretty much it.  If Edmunds does take a big step forward, then he’ll be looked at more closely and have a chance in future seasons. Seems like players need to get on the radar first by proving themselves and then they can be chosen if they have a stellar season. 

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

this doesn't count if they were the 6th choice for Pro Bowl and the first to accept the invite?

nah, All Pro is real, pro bowl participation is not, I take issue with that also.  Voted in, fine you are a pro bowler.   5 guys ahead bow out and you participate, I dont think you get credit as a pro bowler.

I think white has a real shot if the defense can take another step and the team starts winning some games..... he started to pick up steam with the media this last year. i'm gonna just leave this here because I don't feel like starting up a thread for it. White just made ESPN's top 100 players list heading into the season. came in at 97(9th among corners).

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26881107/2019-nflrank-predicting-nfl-best-100-players-season

97. Tre'Davious White

CB | Bills
2018 rank: 100

Simply put, White is usually too quick to separate from. He's not the biggest or most physical corner, but he closes quickly and has good enough hands to send an opposing offense back to its sideline. Coupled with one of the league's best safety duos behind him, White is a tough corner to test. -- Marcel Louis-Jacques

Signature stat: According to NFL Next Gen Stats, White was the nearest defender on 64 targets last season, 25 more than any other Bills player. His completion percentage against was 59.4%, which was lower than league average of 61%.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I agree. No way Morse makes it if centering for that Chiefs team didn't get him in. Edmunds is by far the most likely because his playing style makes him so if the fundamentals on the basic plays are much improved. Tre White second because he is the only elite / near elite talent on this team. Hyde as a long shot because he has been a 2nd team all-pro before he does have a nose for the ball and he is widely respected around the league. 

Beyond those 3 I'd be stunned if any Bills made it in 2019. 

• Like (+1) 1