Any All-Pro Bills this year?

I know we're still riding the pre-season optimism wave, but simple question: Do you think any Bills earn AP All-Pro honors this year, and if so, who?

I think Tremaine Edmunds has a very good chance to be that player. He's looked much better against the run in limited preseason action, and I think most would agree that was where he needed to improve the most from last season. His size and speed make him a very disruptive player defending the pass, as we witnessed last season. If he continues to make plays defending the pass and shows considerable improvement against the run, he's got a very good chance. He's our "Luke Keuchly" in the defense, and a bigger version. Kuechly earned his first All-Pro in his second season (he has 5 in 7 seasons), and I think our defense is very well rounded out for them to have a great season. 

If Edmunds doesn't earn All-Pro, my second guess would be Micah Hyde. PFF had him graded as the #1 safety in the league in 2017. Last season was slightly down for him, and the defense as a whole was the most inconsistent in the league as well, yet he was still graded the #1 safety over the last 2 seasons (iirc). If the D-line is better and can create consistent pressure, the DBs should flourish, and Hyde is a very smart and instinctual safety that will feed off of that pressure.

Those are the two with the best chance IMO, but maybe you have others in mind. Maybe you think a player surprises and earns All-Pro. If so, tell us why you think so.

*Now, if there's one player that I hope wins it over all others, its obviously Josh Allen, but my preseason optimism does not overshadow logic. While I like what he brings to the team and his potential, I just don't see that big of a jump from him just yet. 

Edmunds is a good bet because if the simple stuff does click his game translates well to garnering national attention - he will make major splash plays in the passing game. 

Tre White has a chance as well but I think he needs to get his hands on more balls. If he can his INT number up a bit then he will be in with a shout. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 3

Unfortunately, the team as a whole needs to be a force and put Ws on the schedule and go deep into the playoffs for individual awards.  It's hard to look at our team who has been a laughing stock and a doormat to the Pats for these past 2 decades.  If our Bills can consistently win and are able to put us back on the map, then we'll start receiving plenty of recognition.

• Like (+1) 1

Tre White would be my first guess, followed by Edmunds.

Dark horse....Jerry Hughes.  With Oliver at the 3 tech lined up next to Hughes...it should give Hughes more one on one match ups.  Oliver should also help prevent the QB into stepping up in the pocket.  I think Hughes could slide into a 2nd team All Pro if he gets to 11-12 sacks.

• Like (+1) 2

I can think of a few guys who might make the list:

1. Matt Milano -I think Milano has the best chance, imo, as he is probably the most instinctive player on the front 7 and he's always around the ball making plays. 

2. Tremaine Edmunds - If he is really getting the game mentally then it is going to be fun to watch him play this year. The athletic ability was already there.

3. Levi Wallace - If he puts together an entire season like he did in the handful of starts he did last year then I think he gains some notoriety.

4. Micah Hyde - If he's back there ball hawking and flying around like a couple of years ago then there aren't many better.

5. Josh Allen - If Allen throws for 3500-4000 yards and 25-30 TD's and rushes for another 600 yards with 7-10 TD's then he will be in the convo. 

6. Mitch Morse - If the guy can stay healthy through the year and the team is successful I believe he gets recognition as the key OL addition.