Chris Simms is very high on Bills D and McDermott’s scheming

34 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

We have heard it plenty, that McDermott runs a very hard D to play against.

Moreover, you have to think, McDermott has gained that reputation, all while trying to acquire the players and mold talent. Its not like McDermott walked into a boat load of talent to work with.

tumblr_m7ehzi9xI61r4tbvwo2_r1_250.gif

The defense is good. That is for sure. But we will also be a top 5 defense based simply on the offenses we are playing.  None of the real heavy hitters are on our schedule. No KC, no Rams, not even Houston.  The toughest offenses we face all year are the Pats, the Eagles (arguably), and the Steelers.  

I would be shocked if we did not have a top 5 defense.  

I have to say that McDermott seems to make excellent halftime adjustments on the defensive side. Teams don't usually have much success against our defense in the second half.

• Like (+1) 1

I am also very high on our D and McD's scheming. As an aside, that's the part I find most hilarious about the Ed Oliver angst -- the idea that our awesome defensive head coach who does nothing but hit on picking players on that side of the ball, including guys taken way down in the draft (D. Johnson, Milano, T. Johnson, Joseph)...that he'd whiff with the number nine overall pick on a stud DT. Just LOL.

I promise you Oliver is going to be good. If the pedigree doesn't convince you, or the comments from the other players, then you can still count on McD being awesome picking defenders as strong evidence he's going to be good. That is all.