9-7 This year or bust

1 hour ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

So I guess if Allen or significant players miss significant time and the Bills finish 8-8, the coach should be fired and Allen replaced, and we're simply settling for mediocrity?

I don't quite get this mentality. I'm not singling you out specifically, but it seems like many want to believe in this regime so much that they're already creating built in excuses if things go awry this season. I HOPE that Beane and McDermott are the answer, but I'm not willing to give them 5 years to prove they can build a contender. In terms of spinning the wheels, that is NOT the problem. Which regime deserved more time? Seriously. None of them. The problem has not been spinning the wheels. It's been hiring the wrong people.

Beane's moves may very well pay off bigtime and McDermott may very well be an upper echelon coach. But I think we're gonna find out 90% of what we need to know THIS season. They don't need to win the Superbowl, but it's time to see real, tangible results.

I'm tied to the hip with the BILLS. If the BILLS don't appear to be headed in the right direction, I'm not gonna be particularly happy about it and I couldn't care less about which GM/Coach, or even QB is the answer. This is what we're rolling with for now, so I'm just hoping we have the right people. If not, I hope they find the right people. Let's see what we have with a roster created in Beane's image before we decide either way.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

So I guess if Allen or significant players miss significant time and the Bills finish 8-8, the coach should be fired and Allen replaced, and we're simply settling for mediocrity?

That mentality right there falls right in line with the many reasons why the Bills were spinning their wheels for 17 years...

Firing coaches too soon had zero to do with the drought.  Zero.  Hiring bad coaches and GMs in the first place was the problem.

Edited by mannc
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, QBorBust2018 said:

If Allen is any good he will find a way to get this team to a winning record. I could care less about the statistics. He doesn’t need to be Mahomes. They don’t even need to make playoffs for that matter..

If this team does not reach 9-7 this year with a favorable schedule and very solid offseason, I have a feeling they will be looking for a new “process” & quarterback. 

Quite frankly I don’t think the bills will ever be good and small markets just can’t compete if they don’t turn things around. 

This year is huge. They need to take a big step forward or never will.  Anything less than a winning record is unacceptable. 

Tired of all these pussys around here making excuses and settling for mediocrity. 

Let's at least get through Week 1 before planning on jumping ship.