If Bills Games Become Too Expensive, Will You Switch Teams?

Gugny

On 8/27/2019 at 6:39 PM, Gugny said:

I've always said that if I lived 2 hours closer to Buffalo, I'd be a season ticket holder.  I could do that with one of the New Jersey teams and be able to afford going to games.

Pretty hard to get season tickets with the Giants. There used to be like a 25 year long waiting list. Jets are another story, but even they used to have a 10 year waiting list.

Edited by from_dunkirk

I will never quit the Bills unless they leave Buffalo. 

That said, I will probably just watch games on TV in the near future. Just going up for the day, it is hard to spend under $200, even in the nose bleed seats at the Ralph. 

Even this year, I may just go to a bar after the 20th Annual Tail Gate. 

• Like (+1) 1

What a dumb thread.   Are western NYers that out of touch?  BIlls games are SUPER cheap.  I got 2 50 yard line seats last year about 20 rows up for the Ten game.   Cost me a total of $375.   I live in Houston and those tickets here would cost about $1500 for the pair. 

And people won't switch teams, they'll just watch the games on tv which is what 95% of people do anyways. 

Geez, we need the games to start so people stop posting stupid s--t. 

Iven been a Bills fan since the 79 season. So 40 years next weekend I starting to follow them. Its had its highs and lows and at times its felt like Ive been taken for granted or abused but I would never stop being a fan. Like others have said here, going to games just hasn't been a priority (for me since my early 30s) so the price of being at the stadium doesn't affect me much. TBH if costs did go up for a dome downtown that wouldn't bother me either. Better venue would dictate that anyway. The reason I stopped attending Bills games was the drunken stupidity and obnoxiousness of some of our own fans. After witnessing some ridiculous incidents of drunken assault and almost getting into something myself with a hammered idiot in line for the urinal, I said screw it ! no more! I think if we moved downtown, some of the stupidity might actually go away and I would be glad to fork out extra dollars for that.

On 8/27/2019 at 9:39 PM, Gugny said:

This is more directed toward fans who have to drive a long way to attend a game.

I drive over 5 hours to get to Orchard Park.  With the ticket prices and the tailgating options, I don't mind one bit.  I only go to one home game/year.

But it's expensive.  One home game costs me a total of about $700 when it's all said and done with tickets (2), lodging, tailgate food/beer, etc.

When the Bills build their new stadium downtown and jack the prices up ... AND make the tailgating experience one that dictates you eat their food and drink their beer at their prices .... I won't go anymore.

I live an hour north of Albany, NY.  A 3.5 hour (tops) drive to the Meadowlands/MetLife.  Part of me thinks that, if the Bills price me out, I'd just latch onto a team that's closer to me.

I've always said that if I lived 2 hours closer to Buffalo, I'd be a season ticket holder.  I could do that with one of the New Jersey teams and be able to afford going to games.

Anyone else giving this any thought?  I hate the thought of being gouged out of my fandom, but it looks like it's heading in that direction.

I'd quit the NFL first. I mean c'mon really, the Jets????