If Bills Games Become Too Expensive, Will You Switch Teams?

Gugny

On 8/27/2019 at 9:39 PM, Gugny said:

I hate the thought of being gouged out of my fandom, but it looks like it's heading in that direction.

Let me get this straight.  What other team would be less expensive to buy tickets + travel to?

(crickets chirp)....

EDIT:   Here are the prices of available Giants-Bills tickets for Week 2.   Have fun...

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/0000566EB1EF62FE?brand=nygiants&artistid=805985&landing=s&wt.mc_id=NFL_TEAM_NYG_SINGLE_GAME_TICKETS_PG_LINK_GAME3&utm_source=NFL.com&utm_medium=client&utm_campaign=NFL_TEAM_NYG&utm_content=SINGLE_GAME_TICKETS_PG_LINK_BILLS

Edited by Lurker

13 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

I don't have to, I already know what 99.9% of the answers are. True Bills fans wouldn't ever consider switching for any reason.

True persons of character would never put a couple dollars before friendships and team.  That leaves us with two options regarding the OP. Is he a person without characater? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Lurker said:

Let me get this straight.  What other team would be less expensive to buy tickets + travel to?

(crickets chirp)....

EDIT:   Here are the prices of available Giants-Bills tickets for Week 2.   Have fun...

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/0000566EB1EF62FE?brand=nygiants&artistid=805985&landing=s&wt.mc_id=NFL_TEAM_NYG_SINGLE_GAME_TICKETS_PG_LINK_GAME3&utm_source=NFL.com&utm_medium=client&utm_campaign=NFL_TEAM_NYG&utm_content=SINGLE_GAME_TICKETS_PG_LINK_BILLS

There are tickets for under $110 for 300-level seats to that game on TickPick.

I paid $121/ticket for 300-level tickets to the Pats at Bills game.

If I was to go to the BUF/NYG game, I'd only spend one night.  Found a hotel that is .6 miles from MetLife for $128 on the night of the game.

I'll always be a Bills fan.  But saying that it would be more expensive for me to be a fan of one of the NJ teams simply isn't true.

I love the Bills and I love the friends I've made along the way.  Nothing's going to make me bail on Buffalo.

It's frustrating that big changes are coming, but I'll roll with them.  I was just wondering how others felt; that's all.

Just now, BuffaloBaumer said:

I mean seriously...how is this even a question. None of it even makes sense. How does any of it make you change your fandom....eesh

In the end, it won't change my fandom.  Reading through the pages of discussion, however, others can definitely recognize how it could.  I think that's why we've been able to have such a nice conversation about an interesting and harmless topic.

On 8/27/2019 at 9:39 PM, Gugny said:

This is more directed toward fans who have to drive a long way to attend a game.

I drive over 5 hours to get to Orchard Park.  With the ticket prices and the tailgating options, I don't mind one bit.  I only go to one home game/year.

But it's expensive.  One home game costs me a total of about $700 when it's all said and done with tickets (2), lodging, tailgate food/beer, etc.

When the Bills build their new stadium downtown and jack the prices up ... AND make the tailgating experience one that dictates you eat their food and drink their beer at their prices .... I won't go anymore.

I live an hour north of Albany, NY.  A 3.5 hour (tops) drive to the Meadowlands/MetLife.  Part of me thinks that, if the Bills price me out, I'd just latch onto a team that's closer to me.

I've always said that if I lived 2 hours closer to Buffalo, I'd be a season ticket holder.  I could do that with one of the New Jersey teams and be able to afford going to games.

Anyone else giving this any thought?  I hate the thought of being gouged out of my fandom, but it looks like it's heading in that direction.

Cant imagine bills getting more expensive  than the jersey teams 

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Cant imagine bills getting more expensive  than the jersey teams 

Not sure.  I'm sure it will be close.  But it really boils down to planning.  At this point, my biggest concern is how tailgating will change.  I love the current tailgating experience - which for me is sharing great beer, great food and great conversations with friends.  I don't want that to go away.

I'm fortunate to go to Bills & Sabres game when I want and not have to drive more than 15 minutes.

I am also fortunate that I can sit in the expensive seats that I want to sit in.

But, I'm 60, a couple Bills games and 10 Sabres games tops, is all I'm interested to attend anymore.

I like the way things are and if the Bills go big time $ with a stadium, I'm out.

Switch teams because the games became too expensive? No

I think a real question would be 'Would you stop attending games because they were more expensive or closer to what most other teams charge?' I don't know why someone would stop following the Bills and switch to another team that's already charging more. 

I haven't been to a live game in years. I found that it was mostly 80% people getting drunk and there just for the tailgate drinking and didn't care about watching the game. Found it more enjoyable to watch from home on tv. 

• Like (+1) 1