If Bills Games Become Too Expensive, Will You Switch Teams?

Gugny

32 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I’ve been to one game in my life, haven’t been in NY In going on 10 years, and there’s no such thing as switching. If you have to ask about this, you should probably be a patriots, cowboys, or Seahawks fan.

When and where did you attend that game? Curious. 

Don’t blame Gugny. I think he bumped his head as a child. CTE is not just an excuse for wayward NFL players. We can all use it now that it is so popular. I slipped on ice on the sidewalk in front of Greg Klinzars house as a kid and saw a starburst of colors. I’m pretty sure I can get away with anything. I’m just too lazy to go break the rules. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

This is more directed toward fans who have to drive a long way to attend a game.

I drive over 5 hours to get to Orchard Park.  With the ticket prices and the tailgating options, I don't mind one bit.  I only go to one home game/year.

But it's expensive.  One home game costs me a total of about $700 when it's all said and done with tickets (2), lodging, tailgate food/beer, etc.

When the Bills build their new stadium downtown and jack the prices up ... AND make the tailgating experience one that dictates you eat their food and drink their beer at their prices .... I won't go anymore.

I live an hour north of Albany, NY.  A 3.5 hour (tops) drive to the Meadowlands/MetLife.  Part of me thinks that, if the Bills price me out, I'd just latch onto a team that's closer to me.

I've always said that if I lived 2 hours closer to Buffalo, I'd be a season ticket holder.  I could do that with one of the New Jersey teams and be able to afford going to games.

Anyone else giving this any thought?  I hate the thought of being gouged out of my fandom, but it looks like it's heading in that direction.

Fake fans are fake

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

This is more directed toward fans who have to drive a long way to attend a game.

I drive over 5 hours to get to Orchard Park.  With the ticket prices and the tailgating options, I don't mind one bit.  I only go to one home game/year.

But it's expensive.  One home game costs me a total of about $700 when it's all said and done with tickets (2), lodging, tailgate food/beer, etc.

When the Bills build their new stadium downtown and jack the prices up ... AND make the tailgating experience one that dictates you eat their food and drink their beer at their prices .... I won't go anymore.

I live an hour north of Albany, NY.  A 3.5 hour (tops) drive to the Meadowlands/MetLife.  Part of me thinks that, if the Bills price me out, I'd just latch onto a team that's closer to me.

I've always said that if I lived 2 hours closer to Buffalo, I'd be a season ticket holder.  I could do that with one of the New Jersey teams and be able to afford going to games.

Anyone else giving this any thought?  I hate the thought of being gouged out of my fandom, but it looks like it's heading in that direction.

I moved to Florida last year and had to buy DirecTV Sunday Ticket to make sure I got to watch all Bills games, and NFL network to see the pre-season ones.  I tried watching a few Bucs games (my new local team) for a few weeks since the Bucs were starting Fitz at the time who I've liked since his time here and I think the Bills may have been trotting out Nathan Peterman at the time too which was making them a little tough to watch...  I just couldn't stay engaged in the Bucs game, it wasn't the same.  Unfortunately I'm stuck rooting for the Bills for life.  This question probably doesn't apply to me since I haven't made it to a game in person since moving but if something changed and I couldn't afford Bills' games I'd go to less and watch the rest from home.  Who wants to root for the Jets/Giants?  

Edited by Adam727

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

youve-been-trolled_o_405759.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

Meadowlands is more expensive generally, I get to one Bills game a year in Buffalo and live near NYC now.  Going to a Bills game down state wise is meh, and expensive.  Not that every Bills game isn't great.  Now when the Giants or Jests stink, it is easy to get cheaper tickets on the secondary market whereas Bills fans show up rain or shine by and large.  Short of that, now way do I switch teams.  Now if you want to join some Bills fans downstate, there are a few and there is always a Jests game here with the Bills.  That being said, unless you stay in Jersey or an hour north of NYC and the stadium, say White Plains ,you are going to spend a lot on lodgings and food in this area.  Food is workable depending on what you like, lodging is expensive, no two ways about it.

PS I swear you bring up this topic every year... why bother

Edited by North Buffalo

Anyone know why the "9-7 this year or bust" thread was locked!?  

Just read the whole thing; it wasn't any more particularly vile than any other thread on this forum and it wasn't really veering off the rails or anything.

I guess we are editing for content around here now?

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

It won’t work. 

I’ve lived in Los Angeles since 1991. When the Rams moved back here a few years ago, I thought I’d give being a Rams fan a try. 

It didn't work. 

Then, the following year, the Chargers moved back here. I thought, “I should try to at least follow the Bolts...”

it didn’t work. 

You think you can shave a couple hours off your drive, and become a fan of one of those Jersey teams? And endure that traffic??? (And those fans???)

Trust me: It won’t work. Once a Bills fan, always a Bills fan. 

Edited by Rocky Landing

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

Not a chance in hell.  A Bills home game for me is when they play the Panthers down here, but still.

This is my 30th year as a Bills fan and my 37th year as a Mets fan.

I ain't goin' nowhere.

I am sincerely pissed that the Pegulas/NFL will eventually price me out - and ruin the gameday experience for me - to the point that I won't bother going to games anymore.

I will also say, in seriousness, that my darkest days as a Bills fan were when the Pegulas bought the team, cherry picked Rex, who cherry picked Tyrod, etc., etc., etc. .... and I never considered jumping ship.

I'm happier now, as a Bills fan, than I've been in decades.  

The point of this thread was just to see if there was a breaking point for anyone.

I mean, if the Bills went and signed one of them there Bosa boys, I reckon I might take me a little hiatus.   I said the same thing about the Mets when Barry Bonds rumors were swirling.

But I won't quit my teams.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, StHustle said:

4 pages in and nobody has called this out to be the troll post that it is???

It's Gugny. He's one of the favorites of admin, so he can say whatever he wants without criticism from the old timers.

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Anyone know why the "9-7 this year or bust" thread was locked!?  

Just read the whole thing; it wasn't any more particularly vile than any other thread on this forum and it wasn't really veering off the rails or anything.

I guess we are editing for content around here now?

A Chandler#81 special.

Edited by The Bills Blog
  • Thank you (+1) 1