Is anybody else having anxiety about game one?

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

QB I guess

Yes, but the QBs don't face each other, they face the opponent's defense.  Anyway, I'm not trying to prove my point to you or any Jests fan.  I think the matchups favor Buffalo.

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

How prepared have the Bills been under McDermott? 

They've been blown out in way too many games for me to conclude they are always prepared. 

I call this "Scott's Faulty Corollary of Preparedness to Lopsided Loss."

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just think of how nervous the Jets fans on their boards have to be about facing the unknown that is the 2019 Bills in the first game? They don't even have preseason tape to watch of Morse with the all-new OL! :D

In all seriousness, the Jets are plugging a leaky ship all over the place, and if our boys play up to their potential, this should end up being a comfortable W margin for us.   

My wife is having a planned c-section for our second child in lest than 24 hours... we've been working on a renovation for the baby's room and the new bathroom we've been installing are both incomplete because I had to fire the contractor and do much of it myself (we at least have running water, toilet, tub etc... but it's certainly not done, and no walls in the other room), plus I need to take 2 weeks off from work to be home with my wife and help take care of our 18 month old and the new born when we get out of the hospital.....

I can safely say that of the large amount of anxiety I am going through right now, ZERO of it is about the Bills first game.  

Either you have a very relaxing life, OR you are taking the Bills way more seriously than you should... 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, MR8 said:

My wife is having a planned c-section for our second child in lest than 24 hours... we've been working on a renovation for the baby's room and the new bathroom we've been installing are both incomplete because I had to fire the contractor and do much of it myself (we at least have running water, toilet, tub etc... but it's certainly not done, and no walls in the other room), plus I need to take 2 weeks off from work to be home with my wife and help take care of our 18 month old and the new born when we get out of the hospital.....

I can safely say that of the large amount of anxiety I am going through right now, ZERO of it is about the Bills first game.  

Either you have a very relaxing life, OR you are taking the Bills way more seriously than you should... 

Good luck, man. Hang in there, take care of momma and your 18 month old so mom can focus on taking care of the newborn.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BarleyNY said:

Good luck, man. Hang in there, take care of momma and your 18 month old so mom can focus on taking care of the newborn.  

Thanks buddy, my goal is to do what I'm told and stay out of her way lol

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MR8 said:

Thanks buddy, my goal is to do what I'm told and stay out of her way lol

Speaking from experience, during labor try to fall asleep as little as possible - no matter how long it takes! They get in such a mood!

13 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Speaking from experience, during labor try to fall asleep as little as possible - no matter how long it takes! They get in such a mood!

Lol No labor this time... she did 18 hours with our first and they ended up doing a c-section anyways, so this time it's scheduled c-section.  We go in at 6:30am, surgery at 8:30am ... 

But I get to be on call as soon as that happens cause she's gonna be out of it haha

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, MR8 said:

Lol No labor this time... she did 18 hours with our first and they ended up doing a c-section anyways, so this time it's scheduled c-section.  We go in at 6:30am, surgery at 8:30am ... 

But I get to be on call as soon as that happens cause she's gonna be out of it haha

Sorry. Missed the C section part. For some reason I was thinking Induction. Best of luck!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MR8 said:

good for you guys.  good luck with everything!

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

I'm all nervous and jerky with a high level of anxiety.  Facing Greggo and having to have our defense pitch a shutout? I can't think of a worse game to lose this year then game one.

Someone please tell me my fear is wrong.  It kinda sucks too that all the "beat reporters" are talking up Darnold. We need Oliver to take him out on the first series and beat Carp lips  to the punch.

Talk me off the ledge!.....probably stepping into one  there.

Darnold has looked good.  Bell is a monster.  Mosley is a great MLB addition.  I hear ya, this is not going to be an easy game by any means.  If we control the game and beat them it should bode very well for the entire season.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Is this legitimate criticism or can i feel free to laugh at it?

Well, we still live in a free country so the discretion is yours. ?

I would like to think the Bills can/will do better but am holding out until I see JA perform on a consistent basis.

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, teef said:

good for you guys.  good luck with everything!

Thanks buddy!  Going to Bills games and tailgating is going to feel like a month long vacation lol

12 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Sorry. Missed the C section part. For some reason I was thinking Induction. Best of luck!

No problem at all, and thanks! 

10 minutes ago, MR8 said:

Thanks buddy!  Going to Bills games and tailgating is going to feel like a month long vacation lol

last year was the first year in a very long time that i didn't get to a game.  a lot of that was because we had a new born, but also because guy that drives me was put in prison.  life stuff!

35 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Darnold has looked good.  Bell is a monster.  Mosley is a great MLB addition.  I hear ya, this is not going to be an easy game by any means.  If we control the game and beat them it should bode very well for the entire season.

I mean - Bell should still be good.  He also hasn't played in a game since 2017, and skipped the preseason.  I always put very little into QB performances during preseason as no one is blitzing and the coverage isn't disguised very well.  This means i put very little into both Allen and Darnold's preseason performances.  

I just look at the guy coaching that team and don't think he's a very good head coach.  I guess he could surprise me, but I don't see it. 

This doesn't mean they can't beat us week 1 at home either.  Pretty evenly matched up - i just think in the long run Gase isn't putting this team over the top.

Edited by dneveu