IMO, Ex Bill Ross Tucker impresses as a color analyst

tomur67

Watched the Eagles-Ravens pre-season game with Ross Tucker ( who played a few games with the Bills) as the color analyst.  You can tell he was well prepared as far as being able to discuss the rookies as well as the veterans.  He was also good giving insights that only an ex-player would appreciate or would see as a mistake.  I think he was very entertaining and could be headed for more nationwide popularity.

2 minutes ago, tomur67 said:

Watched the Eagles-Ravens pre-season game with Ross Tucker ( who played a few games with the Bills) as the color analyst.  You can tell he was well prepared as far as being able to discuss the rookies as well as the veterans.  He was also good giving insights that only an ex-player would appreciate or would see as a mistake.  I think he was very entertaining and could be headed for more nationwide popularity.

You should check out his Twitter. He's a super solid football brain- He's also on Move the Sticks pod regularly and does well. 

• Like (+1) 4

Agreed. I didn’t like him at first on Sirius NFL radio - kind of an annoying voice -  but he has grown on me over the years.  Princeton grad.  He has not been on Sirius for a few weeks.  Hopefully that’s just temporary and he’s focusing on broadcast prep just for the season. 

i enjoyed him on nfl radio when he was on in the morning.  i know he's an eagles fan, so that game was right up his alley.

6 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Agreed. I didn’t like him at first on Sirius NFL radio - kind of an annoying voice -  but he has grown on me over the years.  Princeton grad.  He has not been on Sirius for a few weeks.  Hopefully that’s just temporary and he’s focusing on broadcast prep just for the season. 

neither did i, but now i really miss him.  

18 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Tucker was a journeyman lineman, played in the league a while.  And, he is capable as an announcer as well .  I always prefer ex players who know their stuff.

He always speaks highly about his time in Buffalo.  He said it was his favorite place to play 

I really miss his 6:00 am slot on Sirius radio. He was my commute to work guy.  One morning he just said “this is my last day’” and they still haven’t replaced him months later. They still just replay the late night show. I think he will be good in whichever endeavor he takes on.

Check out his podcast, very good.

when he and Booger did the show together it was great.  MNF should add Tuck to the lineup.

they replaced him on SiriusXM with maybe the worst broadcaster I’ve ever heard, Charlie Weis.

Edited by frogger

7 hours ago, frogger said:

when he and Booger did the show together it was great.  MNF should add Tuck to the lineup.

they replaced him on SiriusXM with maybe the worst broadcaster I’ve ever heard, Charlie Weis.

Amen.  Weis is absolutely horrible, and I loved Ross in the mornings.  His podcast is very good, but it’s not the same as the inability to call in and have a dialogue.  He’ll be successful whatever he does in broadcasting.  He should be on the national shows during the season.

• Like (+1) 1

Tucker said his contract was not renewed so he was gone.

I'm a little suspicious because he really went off on Julian Edleman (not directly to him) one morning calling him a cheater and said he will always think of him that way because he cheated (PED) but Ross never did.  I was shocked that he was being so honest about his feelings regarding PED's, because he really hammered Edleman along the way.

I'm sure some of you heard that.

Anyways the next thing I know Ross is gone, then they do a "town hall" special interview with Edleman hosted by Jim Miller, and run it for weeks.  They must have replayed the hour long interview 20 times over 2 or more weeks.  Very unusual for Sirius to replay something so much when they have on demand.  I skipped them all, I have no idea what was discussed in the "town hall".

Coincidence?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, frogger said:

did you ever pick up on how mean he was to booger?  

i know what you mean about charlie.  just listening to the guy makes me sleepy.  

2 minutes ago, teef said:

did you ever pick up on how mean he was to booger?  

i know what you mean about charlie.  just listening to the guy makes me sleepy.  

It was a lot of give and take, but it’s the only time with the exception to Quinn and his brother in law AJ Hawk, where there was chemistry on SiriusXM NFL.

I never thought Booger and Tuck disliked each other, just banter