Last to First Predictions

Not uncommon in NFL to go from last to first for any number of circumstances. 

Jets

Bengals

Jags

Raiders

Giants

Lions

Cardinals

Buccaneers 

Which team has best chance to go from last to first? 

I think the easy pick is Jacksonville with Foles and that defense. But I don't trust Marrone and Foles has failed in full time starter role in the past. 

I'm going with Tampa Bay. I love their last few drafts. The Saints may not be able to recover from NFC Championship game and Brees got worse over the course of last season. No I don't trust Winston but Ariens has proven to be an elite offensive mind. Carolina and Atlanta will be good enough to knock off the Saints once or twice but neither will win the division. 

As for first to last, look no further than the AFC East.  No other team is as dependent on one player, and Brady is over 40. One bad ankle sprain and they could lose 6 in a row.

If I was picking a first to last the two I'd look at would be Baltimore (but I think Cincy will really suck) and Chicago (call me not sold on that offense and it is a tough division). Chicago is one where they could possibly go 7-9 and finish last place. I think Detroit will be right around that 7-9 / 8-8 mark too. 

19 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Tampa winning that division lol.  Their QB situation is not good

I am predicting a career year for Winston. I have said before I don't think the Arians thing will work there long term but against a last placed schedule and in a division where the Panthers and Falcons are showing their age and where the Saints have a major let down to try and bounce back from I could see an upset. 

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

If I was picking a first to last the two I'd look at would be Baltimore (but I think Cincy will really suck) and Chicago (call me not sold on that offense and it is a tough division). Chicago is one where they could possibly go 7-9 and finish last place. I think Detroit will be right around that 7-9 / 8-8 mark too. 

Good call.  I agree it is not so much as Chicago really tanking it is that the division winner and last place team might only be separated by 2 games.  

• Like (+1) 1

While I know it does happen sometimes, I don't foresee any of those teams winning their division. I'd actually pick the Jets if they weren't in this division with the Pats and Bills. Lions, but they are in a tough division.

So no, I don't think it will happen this year.

6 hours ago, rayray808 said:

Lions - Kerryon will be the first established RB that they haven't had in YEARS, and TJ Hockensen will be an unreal weapon for Stafford

Disagree.  I am not sold on Hockenson and not sold on Detroit.  I also heard rumblings CJ Anderson could be RB1 soon in Detroit.

Out of the choices, I'd go with the Lions.  

I like the Jags but Nick Foles is only a *great* fit in an Andy Reid based offense.  He's just ok in any other system for whatever reason.  

Definitely the Jags. Luck retiring, the OL still a question in Houston as well as RB depth now, and shedding the dead weight of Blake Bortles. Foles seemed to be a guy that the team rallied around in Philly. If he brings that same vibe to Jax then they will win the AFC South again.