Miami considers itself the leader for acquiring Clowney; he doesn’t want to go there

YoloinOhio

31 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Well...that's thst.....Bills not even listed

I don’t know whether the Bills talked to them or not. But this report is via a Texans beat writer (Aaron Wilson) that PFT linked to. I assume his source is with the Texans. The report that had the Bills involved appeared to have a source/leak from the Dolphins. No idea if that means anything but they’ve been putting out a lot about Miami lately.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Well...that's thst.....Bills not even listed

Surprised?  Billy O is a megalomaniac and ultimately will be the reason why the wheels will fall off that team (I live in Houston so follow the Texans with some enthusiasm). 

The Bills have OL, RB and WR that we could package in for a Clowney trade, and I think we would actually be a good long term landing spot for Clowney from his perspective given that we figure to have a top 10 defense for the next several years and have a potential franchise QB leading our O (at worst, I think Josh Allen is an Andy Dalton type).... yet Bill O'Brien doesn't seem to want to explore that.  Probably because of his power struggle with Gaine.  

Bill O'brien must have the world's smallest pen15 if this is indeed the case.  Let's not explore all serious options just because your former colleague and GM wanted Clowney to stay in Houston.  What a joke.

Edited by saundena
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I can't see the Bills interested at this point. Murphy and Shaq had good healthy camps and preseason and Darryl Johnson was one of the top rookies.

Given that you feel Ed Oliver hasn't looked very good, would you be ok with Beane trading Oliver to Houston, as part of a deal for Clowney?

• Haha (+1) 1

I would not trade any player with significant long term upside for Clowney for the simple reason that Clowney's franchise tag does not allow him to be signed to a long term deal.  He could say he wants to be a Buffalo Bill.  He could even agree to general terms on a future contract, but that agreement is not legally binding in any way.  When the season is over, Clowney is a free agent and another team can come in with a ridiculous offer.  Clowney can say "Screw you." to whatever verbal agreement his agent might have had with Buffalo.   You have to regard Clowney as a one year rental.  From my perspective that drops his trade value to well below what Houston's asking price will be

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Given that you feel Ed Oliver hasn't looked very good, would you be ok with Beane trading Oliver to Houston, as part of a deal for Clowney?

I'm curious.    Do you follow the Bills?

Mirrors the report earlier this week from Pro Football  network about Tunsil 

14 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I could see it.

I could see the Jets trying to do it. But the Texans seem dead set on getting a Left Tackle in this move. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, thebandit27 said:

I wonder what some of the more skeptical folks will say given that Tony Pauline's name is attached to this report.

Pauline certainly has more credibility than some other folks that had listed the Bills before.

It’s like everything on here. If it’s something that you WANT to happen you’ll believe any and everything. If it’s something that you DON’T WANT he could be at the introductory press conference and you won’t think it’s real.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1