Miami considers itself the leader for acquiring Clowney; he doesn’t want to go there

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, nucci said:

A 2nd franchise tag would be expensive and eat up a lot of cap room and at the end of the season he would be a FA again so trading him wouldn't happen

I disagree completely.  We have room for the tag.  We can trade him after the season to a team that can actually sign him to an extension in the offseason, unlike our situation. 

So you don’t think Beane has inquired?

Edited by NewEra
  • Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I disagree completely.  We have room for the rag.  We can trade him after the season to a team that can actually sign him to an extension in the offseason, unlike our situation. 

I absolutely believe Beane inquired about Clowney. Either he did or he has little respect for Gaine because I know he had to have been pressing him hard. I'm guessing the compensation wasn't right or we weren't on Clowney's very picky list.

Edited by LSHMEAB

Let's straighten out some comments made about me in the since closed Clowney thread.

Badobilz erroneously posted that I had "claimed there was nothing to the AB rumors (when there clearly was) ..."

Well, that's just plain wrong. In fact, I refuted rapppapapaports report as being totally wrong and that the Bills were not closing in on acquiring AB. I noted that there had been some discussion between the Bills and Steelers about a trade, but it never got very far, and by the time rrappppappapaort reported the trade was apparently near done, he couldn't have been further from the truth.

The trade had in fact fallen apart days earlier.

Of course, there is this narrative here that the locals never get anything like that.

Well, that's baloney, too.

More often than not, the locals are refuting much of the speculation that's out there, such as this Clowney to Buffalo baloney.

let's move on to 3dening suggesting that citing someone in the organization as shaking their head on the Clowney trade is some way of me not "being tied down."

that's baloney, too. i've consistently reported that there is nothing to this clowney to buffalo talk. in fact, the first time i tweeted about it, the response I got was "LOL" from someone familiar with the situation.

accuracy certainly isn't a big thing regarding some on this board. similar to the wannabes trying to sell you something they don't know about clowney and the bills.

pfffft.

jw

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 13

12 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

Let's straighten out some comments made about me in the since closed Clowney thread.

Badobilz erroneously posted that I had "claimed there was nothing to the AB rumors (when there clearly was) ..."

Well, that's just plain wrong. In fact, I refuted rapppapapaports report as being totally wrong and that the Bills were not closing in on acquiring AB. I noted that there had been some discussion between the Bills and Steelers about a trade, but it never got very far, and by the time rrappppappapaort reported the trade was apparently near done, he couldn't have been further from the truth.

Of course, there is this narrative here that the locals never get anything like that.

More often than not, the locals are refuting much of the speculation that's out there, such as this Clowney to Buffalo baloney.

let's move on to 3dening suggesting that citing someone in the organization as shaking their head on the Clowney trade is some way of me not "being tied down."

that's baloney, too. i've consistently reported that there is nothing to this clowney to buffalo talk. in fact, the first time i tweeted about it, the response I got was "LOL" from someone familiar with the situation.

accuracy certainly isn't a big thing regarding some on this board. similar to the wannabes trying to sell you something they don't know about clowney and the bills.

pfffft.

jw

Always appreciate your posts JW, thanks for coming here :) 

Speaking of the other thread, why was it closed in the first place?  

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

I disagree completely.  We have room for the tag.  We can trade him after the season to a team that can actually sign him to an extension in the offseason, unlike our situation. 

I believe he has

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

He wont agree to come here or anywhere else unless the team trading for him agrees not to tag him again at season end

4 hours ago, john wawrow said:

pfffft.

jw

You may just be my spirit animal.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

According to some reports, his preferred spot is Seattle. Can anyone see the Seahawks giving up a top flight OT for this guy when they’ve struggled in recent years to get even adequate protection in front of Wilson? 

Sorry clowney not sure you’re getting your wish.

7 hours ago, john wawrow said:

pfffft.

jw

You’ve grabbed the 3rd Rail, calling out Badolbilz. I like that in a man!?

Thanks, jw.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, john wawrow said:

pfffft.

jw

So you’re saying maybe...?

;)

9 hours ago, john wawrow said:

pfffft.

jw

Do you think this is a compensation issue for the Bills with the Texans, or an interest issue from Clowney’s end that makes Clowney to Buffalo a big nothing burger?

4 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

According to some reports, his preferred spot is Seattle. Can anyone see the Seahawks giving up a top flight OT for this guy when they’ve struggled in recent years to get even adequate protection in front of Wilson? 

Sorry clowney not sure you’re getting your wish.

It would seem crazy. Also, Seattle really needs a WR.