Miami considers itself the leader for acquiring Clowney; he doesn’t want to go there

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Absolutely correct

Tre White is not going to be cheap

I understand your opinion

I really dont think we are putting our eggs in that basket though....we just extended hughes...already have Murphy on a contract.....and Shaq looks like he is playing for a contract

That is three DE's right there not counting Johnson.....he is going to need playing time.  Where does he get it with 3 vets in front of him?

I get it, and I am totally fine either way. I see both sides of it. 

But when we look at the top four spots on our chart at DE right now, we see 15 total sacks last year (obviously Johnson had 0) which averages to just under 4 each. Clowney had 9 last year. 

So while I get why there's plenty of reason not to spend capital on him, I also think there are some good reasons to do just that. 

21 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

https://finheaven.com/threads/another-clowney-to-miami-rumor.356135/page-4

Dolphin fans don't seem to like the idea of Clowney either.  Especially since they just got rid of Cam Wake, who had better production.

It might also push them from suck to below average, sabotaging their tanking season.

Clowney will be long gone before then.

Billsy

28 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

The money Clowney wants will be better spent on white, allen, our young linebackers......that time is not so far away.

So I take it you are against spending $70M on 18 free agents again next offseason?:flirt:

Btw people might not want to pen Tre White in as a career-long Bill...........when McBeane were with the Panthers they shocked the league but pulling the franchise tag off of Josh Norman late in the FA season and let him walk.  

They then plugged in some scrubs and after a rough month or so McD had them coached up and playing well.    Knowing that...... I am not sure I can see them spending $20M per year to retain Tre in a couple years.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

So I take it you are against spending $70M on 18 free agents again next offseason?:flirt:

Btw people might not want to pen Tre White in as a career-long Bill...........when McBeane were with the Panthers they shocked the league but pulling the franchise tag off of Josh Norman late in the FA season and let him walk.  

They then plugged in some scrubs and after a rough month or so McD had them coached up and playing well.    Knowing that...... I am not sure I can see them spending $20M per year to retain Tre in a couple years.

say it aint so. we love Tre.  i would even chip in to keep him.

i hope clowney goes somewhere else regardless than Buffalo. but to Miami would be special.

50 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I should ask all Bills fans............

Do you really want the Bills to spend 20+ mill on a player who doesn’t make a GREAT impact when he has J.J. freaking Watt across from him?

Never mind what the Bills have to give up to get him.

Doesn't make a great impact?

Since 2016, there's only one player with more TFLs than Clowney: Aaron Donald; the best defensive player in football.

I get that you don't want him, but the dishonest hyperbole is unnecessary 

• Like (+1) 6

12 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I would hope that McD learned from his mistake with the panthers

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Doesn't make a great impact?

Since 2016, there's only one player with more TFLs than Clowney: Aaron Donald; the best defensive player in football.

I get that you don't want him, but the dishonest hyperbole is unnecessary 

I grant you this, but my rebuttal is...........

What has Houston done with Clowney and what makes you think he can take the Bills to the next level when Clowney hasn’t done it on the same team with Hopkins and Watt on it?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

This is true.

We don't know all the facts. But to cite future FAs in the year 2021 and beyond as reasons not to make this trade and pay him is laughable. 

Bills can still build via the Draft.

Lets see what Bills have this year after bolstering the O line and some WRs.
if Allen cannot make the next step, any big money spent on D an FA this year will be peeing in the wind.

Patience

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

I grant you this, but my rebuttal is...........

What has Houston done with Clowney and what makes you think he can take the Bills to the next level when Clowney hasn’t done it on the same team with Hopkins and Watt on it?

fair take

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

This is true.

We don't know all the facts. But to cite future FAs in the year 2021 and beyond as reasons not to make this trade and pay him is laughable. 

Anytime a team shells out $120 million (give or take) plus a 2nd round pick on a single player it affects a lot of future decisions.

IF the Bills think it's worth it they should do it, if not, don't.

From the impressions I get from Beane and McDermott, it's probably too much of a risk.

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Good....time to move on giving up a 1st is insane

The tweet says the Eagles GET a 1st round pick from the Texans.  LOL

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Good....time to move on giving up a 1st is insane

The #1 pick AND the cap space? A very nice cheap player can be had for 4-5 years if that is the acquisition cost. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The eagles getting a 1st and Clowney for Dillard is crazy, and shows just how much they wanted Dillard in the draft. Sorcery from the eagles if it happens. 

Are the Texans negotiating from a Happy Hour joint? 

Edited by Augie

37 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This makes no sense from Houston (or Philadelphia) - even if you got scooped on Dillard.  

Clowney and a first for Dillard would mean Clowney is worth less than nothing.  

Even the other way Clowney for a first and Dillard- would be like the Eagles giving 2 1st Rd picks for Clowney.  

Neither makes sense in my eyes.

Edited by Rochesterfan