Miami considers itself the leader for acquiring Clowney; he doesn’t want to go there

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Perfect fit would be Seattle. 

Miami makes little sense unless they think Rosen is the answer at QB.  That team is devoid of real talent and need a few drafts to rebuild.

At some point you have to start rebuilding- maybe they feel Clowney gets the ball rolling? Who knows thou, that organization is a cluster.

Just now, Chemical said:

and why wouldn't you want the Bills to be the ones doing the fleecing? 

How is Clowney not a team player?

Is it ever a team move when you hold out, not sign your franchise tag and not communicate with your team?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Dolphins have had a good pass rusher for years. Didn’t do them any good. 

Clowney is usually regarded as a better run defender than edge rusher.  He sets the edge very well.

To many unknowns and difficult parts with the Clowney deal.  Unless we could guarantee he would do a long term deal and it would not be a one year rental, I don't see how it would be worth more than a 3rd rounder or player we would be willing to part with. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

A good agent would be using Miami as leverage for a better landing spot. 

well right now he doesn't have an agent...he just fired the one he had and now has to wait 5 days before he can hire a new one.

33 minutes ago, Chemical said:

He'd probably be better as a pure 4-3 DE. Especially with Hughes/Oliver pushing QBs his way and vice versa. Apparently he doesn't rush every pass play in Hou since he's a LB/DE hybrid in their system.

he wants to play at DE position...he currently is awaiting a decision by arbiter to get DE pay over LB pay...DE pay is $2 mil / year more...he wants the extra $$

1 hour ago, The Plastic Cup said:

Why would Clowney want that?  Unless warm weather and low expectations appeals to him.

I'm looking for that exact scenario? Got any leads as I'm not 6'6" 275 lbs or young enough for anything athletic outside of taking out the trash. 

20 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea. Who needs good pass rushers? ?

Every team wants good pass rushers.  Anyone signing Clowney will be taking a risk and that is just a fact.

The Texans drafted, 5th year optioned, tagged him and now want to trade him evidently because they don't want to pay him what 

he is asking for.  

Another fact is there is only spotty reporting that a few teams are even seriously interested in him and nothing has happened despite both the Texans

and Clowney seemingly wanting a trade.

The last and most important fact is the involvement of Beane and the Bills in all of this is unknown.

I'm not a huge Clowney fan but I do admit he would help the team (to what degree I am not sure) but these type of situations are what

GMs and agents are paid for............seems like us fans don't know the facts like they do and will just have to see how it works out.

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Zero state income tax = huge advantage for Clowney on a $140 million contract with $55 million guaranteed or whatever it is he’ll get.

iirc where they play the game can affect the taxes taken out of game checks.

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

Sounds like the reports that came out when Buffalo was rumored to trade for than not trade A Brown.  Clowney doesnt sign tender he isnt traded.  Buffalo imo still isnt out of it.  They have a top defense and could pitch Clowney puts them into contender status.  Much like how Mack was credited for the turn around.  Even Chi had a top 10 defense the year before.

We don’t even know what is McBean’s true intentions here , do we REALLY want him ? Or are we just trying to raise the price here ??

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

I really hope this happens.    Miami is going to suck for the two years they can hold on to him and if he does sign a long-term deal, it will eat up their cap for a long time.   

You'd think the Fins might have learned a lesson from all their failed FA signing over the past few years...but thank God for Steven Ross!

Hopefully they suck just a little less with him, just enough to take them out of position for a top QB in the coming drafts!

Speaking of drafts.....where the heck did they get all those extra picks! That’s a bit of a bummer, honestly. Just hope they mess that up. 

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Perfect fit would be Seattle. 

Miami makes little sense unless they think Rosen is the answer at QB.  That team is devoid of real talent and need a few drafts to rebuild.

...which should be the deal killer right there....Clowney to Miami is a pure cash grab......

1 hour ago, Bills2ref said:

As long as they overpay in both compensation and contract, I am all for this move. Miami will be a tire fire with or without Clowney. 

This. On a team with a dozen holes to fill they mortgage their future for a decent pass rusher who can help a good  team now -  but will not matter a lick on a team as bad as Miami. 

58 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Jesus. What's that 2nd rounder doing for you this season? Or even as a rookie next year? Could even be a future 2nd that doesn't contribute for another 3 years if ever.

I want to see how our SEVENTH rounder develops

And

We already have a pretty good defense

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

You don't want to give up a 2nd round pick for one of the best rushers in football? 

So now Clowney is one of the best pass rusher's in football?

His numbers dont say that.....AND.....the Texans would not be trying to trade him if he was

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2