Listen to Bills games via internet radio?

Last year I listened to WGR on PC when I was not able physically handle driving to bar and watching the game there.

This year WGR has been unable to provide any radio coverage of preseason games but I am hoping that it is because it is preseason. 

Otherwise I will need to revisit thread.

5 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Don't be so sure...I work part time at a record store.. a few months ago we started selling brand new Jensen (crappy brand) cassette/radio walkmans....we can't keep them in stock!

What do you think the reasoning for that is?  

14 minutes ago, bbb said:

What do you think the reasoning for that is?  

The "kids" want all the things that their parents had...they are buying records, not CD's....and they have revived the cassette industry.  Kids (a term I use, at 54 to describe anyone from 12-30) are really in to making mixed tapes.  They don't seem to bat an eye at paying $25 or $30 for brand new copies of "Rumors",  "Eagles Greatest Hits", Led Zeppelin III.  The stuff they heard their parents play.

It many sound silly, but I think "Guardians of the Galaxy" was a big factor.

We got a "jam-box" with a double cassette deck, and radio too..in less PC days we called them ghetto blasters.  They are pretty terrible brands, but the fact that they are making them tells me there is a niche out there...and it is only a matter of time before better electronic brand names start to take notice.  There seems to be a growing number of younger people who are rejecting the digital down-load.  

7 minutes ago, albanyfan said:

A record store (record theater?) probably sells music on cassette, too.

Lables are staring to put out pre-recorded cassettes again.  Cassettes have their draw-backs, but for an older guy like me, cassettes were the most personal way of listening to music...being able to make your own mixes...your own artwork...I have about 60 comps that I, or friends of mine made, back in the 80s...we put so much time and thought into them.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Buftex said:

The "kids" want all the things that their parents had...they are buying records, not CD's....and they have revived the cassette industry.  Kids (a term I use, at 54 to describe anyone from 12-30) are really in to making mixed tapes.  They don't seem to bat an eye at paying $25 or $30 for brand new copies of "Rumors",  "Eagles Greatest Hits", Led Zeppelin III.  The stuff they heard their parents play.

It many sound silly, but I think "Guardians of the Galaxy" was a big factor.

We got a "jam-box" with a double cassette deck, and radio too..in less PC days we called them ghetto blasters.  They are pretty terrible brands, but the fact that they are making them tells me there is a niche out there...and it is only a matter of time before better electronic brand names start to take notice.  There seems to be a growing number of younger people who are rejecting the digital down-load.  

Lables are staring to put out pre-recorded cassettes again.  Cassettes have their draw-backs, but for an older guy like me, cassettes were the most personal way of listening to music...being able to make your own mixes...your own artwork...I have about 60 comps that I, or friends of mine made, back in the 80s...we put so much time and thought into them.

Just don't tell me 8 tracks are coming back.  They never even made sense to me!  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

I was looking for something free like a radio station in Buffalo or in the area that streams the games via internet radio.

There is no such thing.  The NFL does not allow free out of market streaming of their games.  The WGR broadcast is blacked out in non local markets.  There are pay options through the NFL or Sirius. 

• Like (+1) 1

Download the Tune in App. Relatively inexpensive and it’s reliable as long as you have good signal.   I have it since early this year. Have listened to MLB,  College sports, NBA playoffs, Sabres and now Bills Preseason.  So far have not had single game I wanted the hear that wasn’t available.

i love it

7 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

?????

Ive been listening to games on WGR 550 for years by googling "WGR 550" and clicking "listen live" on this site that comes up:

https://player.radio.com/listen/station/wgr-sports

Free, no app required.

Maybe they black it out in market?  

Do you do this via laptop or phone?  

1 hour ago, FLFan said:

There is no such thing.  The NFL does not allow free out of market streaming of their games.  The WGR broadcast is blacked out in non local markets.  There are pay options through the NFL or Sirius. 

Is this something they removed during off-season?  I have listened to it for years on PC via website.

4 hours ago, TigerJ said:

My wife and I are taking a vacation to New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.   I'll probably be in Cape Breton when the home opener happens.  I'm not even sure I'll have internet.  Radio coverage? forget it.

I’ll be at the home opener, but for THE opener vs Jets I’ll be on a small cruise ship leaving Gibraltar on our way to Cadiz, Spain. I honestly have NO IDEA how many years it’s been since I missed seeing a Bills game! I’m not complaining, but I am interested in ways to keep up. 

1 hour ago, Reks Ryan said:

Download the Tune in App. Relatively inexpensive and it’s reliable as long as you have good signal.   I have it since early this year. Have listened to MLB,  College sports, NBA playoffs, Sabres and now Bills Preseason.  So far have not had single game I wanted the hear that wasn’t available.

i love it

You have to have premium tunein or whatever they call it to get NFL games.  

2 hours ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

laptop - but you can get the same internet on phone by using Chrome.  Your data usage may go up.

It will work on laptops, but not phones - They block mobile devices from the broadcast. It has been that way for years.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Billsman623 said:

It works for free in the Bills official app. WGR is blacked out from online streaming during the game but for some reason it works through the Bills app.

Apps do not work for PCs however as far as I known.  Not even heard of a PC with App emulating software.  My phone is like me too old to install apps.

well due to being a old bills fan , i  live in uk  and i watch all bills games online streams, home and away no issues.  radio streams cannot be that hard to find.

keep trying just go basic. e.g type bills radio stream links. on internet type nfl games links.

go bills not long to go

• Like (+1) 1