How many of the 53 on opening day aren’t on the team today?

BisonMan

I’ve read a lot of threads and stories about which current Bills make the 53-man roster opening day. My question is, how many of the opening day 53 aren’t yet on this team?

As teams release players, the Bills will too and could scoop up players from other rosters as upgrades. I think the Bills will do this less than in previous years, when the roster wasn’t as deep as it is today.

My guess, there will be 3 players on the 53 that aren’t on the roster today...hopefully one of them is the punter. ;)

Like everyone else, I believe our punter is not on the team now. I also see them looking for a 3rd string QB.  I think you need someone who is on the team and can come up to speed with the system in a week in case of injury to Allen or Barkley.  Our current 3rd string is not up to playing this year.

I agree that a punter is very likely, but I would like to see another "bonus" player acquired that improves the team.

Quality talent is going to be cut from almost every team and there will be good players available, simply b/c the numbers didn't work out.

Watching Houston pre-season game and their announcers were going on about how they have 5 high quality TEs and how they are not all going to make the team, and someone out there will be picking up a good player on the cheap.

There are situations like that all around the league.

I'd like to see us grab one of those guys.

I would be shocked if it was more than 1, and 0 is possible.   They could use a spot or two to churn the guys who get waived though.  It is an interesting question because one thing I am certain of is poeple here will be  calling for McBeane to b fired over the WR's and RB's that get waived or possibly traded.