Biggest Remaining Roster Questions

4 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

Oh, you got me on a typo/auto correct! Well done!!  For a few minutes, I’m glad I was able to validate your life as the superior fan! Now hurry, Mom has your breakfast ready. 

"Mitch Morris' health" would indicate not autocorrect.  The apostrophe for the possessive is properly used on a name than ends with an s and autocorrect wouldn't add that on its own.

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Ok I absolutely love this. Punter is the biggest question mark on the team. I still remember when a punter was the face of the team not that long ago. I'm ready for this season to start. They're going to be good.

No doubt. Brian Moorman, you were great, but you never should have been the storyline.

5 hours ago, BearNorth said:

DiMarco must have something on McBeane.  Duke Williams has shown he can block and would be a similar sized player with more versatility and skills, If he can play teams, ???

Or he's a good player, a core special teamer, and a team leader...

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Philo Beddoe said:

I have been thinking for a while now that they may keep Love as a fifth DE and he then gets cut and placed on PS when Kroft returns from PUP. 

I also think Ryan Bates absolutely makes the team, but so does Teller. 

Something must be up with Ryan Allen. Pats waited to resign him this offseason, drafted his replacement anyway, cut him, and now he has been sitting. The Bills can't be the only team that are unsettled at punter, so why is he still available? Hopefully, there are some other teams with a more heated punter battle going on where we can pick up the other guy. Bojo just can't be the answer.

There are 2 teams with 2 very good punters, the Browns and the Rams, both would be a lot cheaper than Allen.

As for Bates, see what happens with Morse.  If Morse actually starts the season i think Bates goes to the PS.

14 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Do you watch special teams or get up and go to the refrigerator when they're out there (asking for a friend)...

I watch. It's not 1/3rd of the game. Closer to 1/10th when it comes to meaningful plays. And those meaningful plays are most dependent on the kicker and punter, not the rest of the 11.

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

There are 2 teams with 2 very good punters, the Browns and the Rams, both would be a lot cheaper than Allen.

As for Bates, see what happens with Morse.  If Morse actually starts the season i think Bates goes to the PS.

Good to know on the punters. I'm sure Beane and company are monitoring those situations. 

I thought that too (re Bates), but I think his positional flexibility and performance in preseason makes him a risky stash. Just a gut feeling that they hold on to him and not risk anything, no matter what happens with Morse. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

You are asking good questions, but tough ones, too.

It annoys and scares me, and I would just assume go to my happy place until this is all over.

However, if forced to say, I think all your points are rock solid.  Other than the fact that I really don't want to lose Teller and if we cut him, he is gone.  No one is going to let that guy sit out there.  Just because we are resplendent with line talent now, doesn't mean the rest of the league is.  I believe by next year he will be one of our starting Guards, and not a back up swing guy...no insult to Bates.

Please, if we could keep them both.

Resplendent with line talent.... I like your optimism.  Lol

• Haha (+1) 1