Frank Reich's press conference

I would highly recommend that all Bills fans watch the first 5 minutes of Frank Reich's press conference addressing Luck's retirement and how the Colts will move forward. Powerful stuff for any sports fan but particularly interesting for Bills fans. Reich closes his 5-minute remarks by quoting Marv Levy.

https://www.colts.com/video/frank-reich-and-colts-continue-to-climb

I think Reich speaks more like a pastor than a football coach in the traditional sense.

The Colts with Reich will be an extremely interesting organization to monitor this year and going forward.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, The Bills Blog said:

I would highly recommend that all Bills fans watch the first 5 minutes of Frank Reich's press conference addressing Luck's retirement and how the Colts will move forward. Powerful stuff for any sports fan but particularly interesting for Bills fans. Reich closes his 5-minute remarks by quoting Marv Levy.

https://www.colts.com/video/frank-reich-and-colts-continue-to-climb

I think Reich speaks more like a pastor than a football coach in the traditional sense.

The Colts with Reich will be an extremely interesting organization to monitor this year and going forward.

Agreed - you can really hear the influence Marv had on him and his own spiritual journey.  

I think he is is one of very few coaches that can weather this storm and keep the team together and moving forward.  I don’t think they will be good, but they will fight as a team.

I love his demeanor and his attitude on this.

• Like (+1) 2

Great players and great coaches thrive under adversity  and stressful situations. They do not melt. They learn more, work harder, become tougher and will find new pathways to succeed, when dangers lurk, bad things happen, and when unexpected curveballs come their way.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

They're toast. You did see Brissett play against us, yes?

Yep.

As soon as Chad Kelly comes off his suspension I would put him out there.....but I think they’ll stay the course with Brisette and sink like a stone.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

Definitely a good speech. At first, it sounded like a eulogy. And it very well may be, but for the Colts. I guess tanking didn’t work out. 

Ask the Sabres how tanking works...

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

They're toast. You did see Brissett play against us, yes?

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Brisset handed the bills the easiest win vs the pats I can ever recall

In all fairness though, wasn't he playing injured that game but they had no one else to play so he had to?  Or am I remembering that wrong?

I alway thought Marv was a good coach. Sometimes it’s seemed like he was slow to make adjustments on the fly during a game but he was a good coach overall.  Where I think Marv was elite is in his ability to motivate. Marv gave speeches that you would hear after the game that made you as a fan want to run through a brick wall for the guy. He also had a amazing ability to get a read on the type of personality that everyone on that team had and used the correct level of go hard or soft. 

I know Marv lives in Chicago and I hope I see him one time at Lincoln Station or Delilah’s on game day. 

Frank Reich looks like he has adopted a Marv type of mentality as a coach.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu
  • Like (+1) 4

31 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

In all fairness though, wasn't he playing injured that game but they had no one else to play so he had to?  Or am I remembering that wrong?

Garoppolo (sp.) was injured and Brady was suspended. I think BB stopped trying once he realized that game really would mean nothing down the line in the season.

47 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

I don't believe he was injured, but they had no one else to play as Jimmy g was hurt and unable to play(announced morning of the game) and Brady was suspended.