Tyree Jackson is an ideal practice squad candidate

2 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

Tyree Jackson isn't a good prospect. 

Being a big UB fan I'd like nothing better than to see Tyree succeed, but it ain't happening this year. The guy really screwed himself leaving school before he was ready. I suppose the Bills could add him to the PS but if a better QB option shakes loose he's gone.

1 hour ago, the skycap said:

I feel the hate is coming to Tyree because he left UB early. He is a raw talent and should be added to practice squad as far as I'm concerned.

The hate comes from seeing his play for the Bills, not from leaving UB. I mean really, you can see him play right? Besides they're are very few actual UB fans on TBD. And most arrived just last year.

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Another guy, where if he went to Eastern Michigan no one would care about him.  Did Carson Wentz or Josh Allen not playing SEC defenses stall their development? 

I don't think he was coached very well at UB. I know his dad had misgivings. But UB was the only D1 offer he got out of high school.

Not sure the Bills even need a practice squad QB.

Based on what we've seen against preseason 3rd stringers, Tyree Jackson is nowhere close to being capable of running an offense.  He won't be active on gamedays.  And in the event we needed a #3 quarterback to actually play, our front office would certainly scan the waiver wire for vets before putting Jackson on the field.

We don't really need to develop another "future" guy.  Both of our current Quarterbacks are young, and should be around for the next several years.  Jackson is obviously not displacing Josh Allen anytime soon.  At worst, Allen will get another 3-4 seasons to prove himself.  Matt Barkley is also only 28, and has developed into a dependable NFL backup.  

McD will make the call.with input from Bean.......I realise that the lack of polish and preparation needs to be overcome.....that was known day 1.  My question is does he have sufficient accuracy to make it in the NFL.  If he does, and training camp should have told McBean, he is practice squad material.  If he is all over with his throws (ala EJ Manuel), then he is not practice squad material.  Pretty simple to me, I just haven't seen him throw enough to know about the accuracy.  YEs, the arm is strong, but is it ACCURATE?

• Like (+1) 1

As a UB fan it stinks to hear so many people rip the kid.  But i can honestly say he hasn't done enough to earn the practice squad...at least not yet.  He can throw the ball 100mph, we know this, and a few are on target,  but he's not seeing the field and making reads fast enough.   And when he does the ball has not been accurate the majority of the time.  If he gets the final preseason game, I assume that will make or break his future with the club.

The NFL personnel experts league-wide who decided not to draft Tyree were spot on.   

Edited by zow2

The goal for your developmental practice squad QB is to one day be a reliable backup. A safe, steady, accurate QB that can hold the team stable for a half or a couple games, not a boom or bust candidate. There will be plenty of safe options after cut day. 

Improving Josh Allen’s accuracy or just developing into a less of a gunslinger is a tough task. Tyree Jackson is exponentially more raw and inaccurate. 

29 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Not sure the Bills even need a practice squad QB.

Based on what we've seen against preseason 3rd stringers, Tyree Jackson is nowhere close to being capable of running an offense.  He won't be active on gamedays.  And in the event we needed a #3 quarterback to actually play, our front office would certainly scan the waiver wire for vets before putting Jackson on the field.

We don't really need to develop another "future" guy.  Both of our current Quarterbacks are young, and should be around for the next several years.  Jackson is obviously not displacing Josh Allen anytime soon.  At worst, Allen will get another 3-4 seasons to prove himself.  Matt Barkley is also only 28, and has developed into a dependable NFL backup.  

Don’t all teams have a PS QB to run the scout team against the starting D in practice?