Good reason to not let your kids play football

Bubba Gump

It might take another 30 years, but society will shift so that it is hard to find parents who are willing to let their children do this stuff.

And much more significantly, insurance companies may cease insuring schools so that they are unable to compete in football leagues.

When these things happen, the game will start to die.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

This kid gets wrecked. I wonder how many NFL players have a lot more concussions that went un-diagnosed when they were younger. Morse has had 4 in his NFL career, but how many did he get while growing up?

Where the hell was the flag for holding?!?  Good grief, #33 may as well have hog tied his guy!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, The Plastic Cup said:

Where the hell was the flag for holding?!?  Good grief, #33 may as well have hog tied his guy!

For sure. Looked like a classic non-call hold on Jerry Hughes that happens 6 times a game.

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

It might take another 30 years, but society will shift so that it is hard to find parents who are willing to let their children do this stuff.

And much more significantly, insurance companies may cease insuring schools so that they are unable to compete in football leagues.

When these things happen, the game will start to die.

Then why is MMA growing?  You intentionally are trying to give people concussions.  

9 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

My daughter have taken hits like this playing tag. 

Kids are gonna get hurt no matter what they are doing. 

My kid that against a brick column and the brick column won.  I tell him he has to start paying attention where he's at when he just takes off running.  

I gave in and let my kid play this year, he has been asking since he was 5.   I made sure I could coach as I wanted to be as close to the field as possible.

With that said, the studies out there for public consumption say Soccer, Lacrosse, Gymnastics, and Wrestling all have comparable head injury rates.