Two Bills on PFF's Top-25 Rookies During Preseason- #2 is Particularly Surprising

This doesn't provide the context of who plays against first-stringers versus fourth-stringers, but it's nice to see representation from late-round rookies (6th & 7th), since we've also seen what Oliver, Singletary, and (to a somewhat lesser extent) Ford might be capable of doing.  Throw in Sweeney as well.

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-pff-rankings-the-top-25-rookies-through-week-3-of-the-2019-nfl-preseason

• Like (+1) 1

13. EDGE DARRYL JOHNSON, BUFFALO BILLS – 82.7

North Carolina A&T product Darryl Johnson has lit up opposing tackles on occasion this preseason. Johnson has five pressures overall, and his 46.7% pass-rush win rate on third down is unmatched.

2. S JAQUAN JOHNSON, BUFFALO BILLS – 92.1

The performance of the preseason may have come from Jaquan Johnson in Week 3 where he finished with a 97.7 overall grade and 96.6 coverage grade. When he’s been aligned at free safety, Johnson has seen three targets in coverage and forced an incompletion on all three of those passes.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

What's with the cliffhanger? Just post the two names already! I'm too lazy to click on a link.

Then you don’t get to know, ya gonna halfta suffer, ?

Damn you people, you told him... ?

Go Bills rookies!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

So it's Johnson and Johnson. I tried to come up with a joke related to baby products, but I got nothing.

I like what I've seen from Jaquan. Love what I've seen from Darryl. I'm not particularly enthused by our top 3 and it appears the Clowney stuff is fake news, so Darryl is the guy I'm really hoping can make an impact. He looks the part.

6 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

So it's Johnson and Johnson. I tried to come up with a joke related to baby products, but I got nothing.

I like what I've seen from Jaquan. Love what I've seen from Darryl. I'm not particularly enthused by our top 3 and it appears the Clowney stuff is fake news, so Darryl is the guy I'm really hoping can make an impact. He looks the part.

Step away from that talcum powder.  Research shows it can damage your lungs.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

Not impressed with any of Oliver, ford and Singletary so far? Geez man. Tough crowd. 

Couldnt disagree more. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

I like Daryl Johnson and he started to flash in his senior season. Perfect example of a guy flying under the radar in a small conference. He is not even close to his ceiling, so any production from him this year is a good thing. He reminds me of an unpolished version of Manny Lawson. Some of the same attributes, but Lawson had a bit more twitch and suddeness. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Winovich?

Winovich is the archetypal Patriots Player. Another good find for the Patriots who will keep the machine running. Another over achiever in a good system.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

I was very impressed with J. Johnson on that strip + recovery. Doesn't have the measurables that would get him drafted high but looks to be a real good football player above the shoulders. Like Wallace, more evidence that McCoach knows DBs.

Johnson doesnt have all of the measurables at the moment, but he may be a late bloomer. He started to flash in his senior year. Some players fly under the radar and find their game later...that could be him.