Critique My Draft

Johnny Hammersticks

Solid. I'd definitely try to handcuff Bell (I have waiver requests in right now). I think Jacobs has a ton of potential, I just worry about Oakland being down and having to go away from the run game. I think nearly every Bills fan who isn't in a league with other Bills fans is going to draft Singletary. :lol: I also like Hock. He could blow up as a rook.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, MJS said:

Getting Bills D is good. Likely nobody will draft them unless you are in a league with other Bills fans. You can get them late. Low risk, high reward.

They're one of the top D's in the league and brought in a really good return man. I think they'll be going pretty high (for a Defense) in most drafts.

I find your RB's a bit weak.  I thinks that's the "penalty"  to pay for taking Mahomes early.  It costs you a better RB or WR at some point when there are a number of good QB's that can be taken later.

Other than that, it looks pretty solid for the most part. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Seems like they’re one of the top 3-5 defenses coming off the board.

Not in any drafts I have done.

2 hours ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

They're one of the top D's in the league and brought in a really good return man. I think they'll be going pretty high (for a Defense) in most drafts.

All the mock drafts and actual drafts I have done have had people ignore the Bills defense.

Edited by MJS

1 hour ago, The Tomcat said:

I find your RB's a bit weak.  I thinks that's the "penalty"  to pay for taking Mahomes early.  It costs you a better RB or WR at some point when there are a number of good QB's that can be taken later.

Other than that, it looks pretty solid for the most part. 

Yeah.  I took Mahomes with my 2nd pick, so 13th overall.  Definitely could have had another RB1, but I came straight back with Amari Cooper at 27 as there had been a huge run on WR’s and I panicked.  

The guys in my league are not too shy about trades, however, so I think I will be able to add a RB there.

24 minutes ago, MJS said:

Not in any drafts I have done.

All the mock drafts and actual drafts I have done have had people ignore the Bills defense.

I don’t know man ?‍♂️ Just looked and BUF D/ST went 3rd in my league after CHI and JAX.

11 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I don’t know man ?‍♂️ Just looked and BUF D/ST went 3rd in my league after CHI and JAX.

Have the talking heads been talking up the Bills D, I wonder?

On 8/27/2019 at 4:55 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yeah.  I took Mahomes with my 2nd pick, so 13th overall.  Definitely could have had another RB1, but I came straight back with Amari Cooper at 27 as there had been a huge run on WR’s and I panicked.  

The guys in my league are not too shy about trades, however, so I think I will be able to add a RB there.

I was the first to go D in my league and took the Bills. I took Jax last year and they were a huge disapointment that I dropped them early, Bears were the next D to get picked a few rounds later.

I don't know about Bell this year, theres huge question marks as to if he will be the same guy after a year off or if there will be a ton of rust. It seems like when something like that happens, where a player takes a year off they end up hurt or grossly underperforming.

Our league is the exact same league and setup.  Mahomes lasted until the 4th round.  I would've pry taken Kelce if he was available (perfect spot for him to go in 2nd round) at that spot or the best WR on the board.  I like your RB's as the Jets will make sure to get Bell his touches and Jacobs will get the workload in Oakland.  Michel's been underdrafted because of NE's history of screwing fantasy owners over with RB's.  I'd worry a little bit about your WR's as you have a bunch of WR 2's with a lot of upside (Gordon, Anderson).  You may not get that consistent production that the top tier WR's give you.  Solid team overall though.

10 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

I was the first to go D in my league and took the Bills. I took Jax last year and they were a huge disapointment that I dropped them early, Bears were the next D to get picked a few rounds later.

I don't know about Bell this year, theres huge question marks as to if he will be the same guy after a year off or if there will be a ton of rust. It seems like when something like that happens, where a player takes a year off they end up hurt or grossly underperforming.

I picked 7th with all of the top WR’s left on the board.  The top RB’s left were Bell and Zeke and then a substantial drop off after that.  I decided to take a lesser gamble (in my view) on Bell.  I share your concerns about Bell taking a year off.  I also am concerned if he’s going to have the running room he had in Pittsburgh.  We’ll see.

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Our league is the exact same league and setup.  Mahomes lasted until the 4th round.  I would've pry taken Kelce if he was available (perfect spot for him to go in 2nd round) at that spot or the best WR on the board.  I like your RB's as the Jets will make sure to get Bell his touches and Jacobs will get the workload in Oakland.  Michel's been underdrafted because of NE's history of screwing fantasy owners over with RB's.  I'd worry a little bit about your WR's as you have a bunch of WR 2's with a lot of upside (Gordon, Anderson).  You may not get that consistent production that the top tier WR's give you.  Solid team overall though.

Really?  I haven’t heard of a draft yet that didn’t have Mahomes going somewhere in the 1st two rounds.

5 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Really?  I haven’t heard of a draft yet that didn’t have Mahomes going somewhere in the 1st two rounds.

Unfortunately, there's nobody that'll reach for a QB in our league as we always seem to grab the best RB's and WR's before even thinking about a QB.  The position is just so strong this year.  I almost took him at 30/31 but Kittle and Fornette were still on the board.  Too good of value there.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Unfortunately, there's nobody that'll reach for a QB in our league as we always seem to grab the best RB's and WR's before even thinking about a QB.  The position is just so strong this year.  I almost took him at 30/31 but Kittle and Fornette were still on the board.  Too good of value there.

Interesting.  I see a huge drop off after Mahomes.  

CBS has Mahomes ADP at 8.58

Watson is 2nd at 40.25 and Rodgers is 3rd at 41.2.

This is just one example, and I honestly think Mahomes is a bit high, but I’m seeing a similar drop off in ADP across websites.

My strategy in the past was to draft RB and WR heavily early on, and then wait on QB’s and TE’s in the later rounds.  Never has worked too well for me.  I thought I’d take a risk and change things up this year ?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.