Tremaine Edmunds' run stopping

CNY315

I was never worried about him tbh, from day 1 you could tell he was special. His struggles last season were mostly due to overthinking responsibilities, not surprising when you consider they gave a 20 year old control over the defensive calls. Physically the guy's a unicorn. I think he's going to be one of the best in the game for a long time starting this year.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/26/2019 at 5:37 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Isn’t it possible that he could have just improved from his rookie year?  Personally, he was the least of my concerns but he definitely had some things he could improve on.  Instead of being angry at people thinking he could improve, be happy that he does. ?

We all wanted him to improve but there we’re some who were calling him a BUST ?

On 8/26/2019 at 11:44 PM, RocCityRoller said:

I was wrong about Tremaine 'the train' Edmunds. I just want him to lay a pace setting lick from time to time.

A lack of the emboldened is what concerned me about his rookie season. Chicago's rookie did it a couple-two-tree times. Indy's rookie did it, too. Edmunds, not so much.

Edmunds looked to me like a smart, freakishly athletic kid who was starting from scratch. More an athlete than a football player. Which is potentially troubling for such a necessarily violent position. 

Maybe he is maturing and learning fast enough to add impact and collision to his game this season. The plays covered in that vid show some progress on that front. Let's hope it continues...

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/26/2019 at 9:21 PM, eball said:

20. Years. Old. Given the prime responsibility on the defense. Wow, it’s amazing he needed to learn on the job.

Those of us with an ounce of foresight saw what the Bills were doing, giving this kid a year to learn as they rebuilt the roster. A lot of you immediately went the lazy, typical route of criticizing the move and blaming the organization. 

I don't think calling a young player out of position is equal to criticizing the move AND blaming the organization.That is quite the leap there.

I will point out when Ed Oliver makes bad decisions or poor plays, I will cheer and applaud when he plays well. I liked the pick, reacting to his play has nothing to do with anything else. Same goes for Tremaine. He made a lot of poor decisions last year, has nothing to do with anything else besides that. He can definitely improve, he's young, if he doesn't, well he showed us he can still make plays but positioning can be an issue. 

That is all. No more, no less. 

10 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

A lack of the emboldened is what concerned me about his rookie season. Chicago's rookie did it a couple-two-tree times. Indy's rookie did it, too. Edmunds, not so much.

Edmunds looked to me like a smart, freakishly athletic kid who was starting from scratch. More an athlete than a football player. Which is potentially troubling for such a necessarily violent position. 

Maybe he is maturing and learning fast enough to add impact and collision to his game this season. The plays covered in that vid show some progress on that front. Let's hope it continues...

Smart plays > big hits. Efficient plays > highlights.