Bills Claim DE Jeff Holland Release Cory Carter

Warcodered

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Did anything ever happen to that Patriot Punter?

I'm starting to think something is wrong with Ryan Allen. He was one of the best players on the field for NE in the Superbowl. Surprised no one has picked him up yet.

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills FO happy talk was that they're fine with the DL personnel they had.  I guess they're always looking to see if they can upgrade, which I'm fine with, but why bring in someone new, now?  Someone who doesn't know the system, who can't be evaluated properly. \

Also, he's listed as a DE but he was wearing number 46 for the Broncos.  Sounds more like an EDGE or LB.

Edited by Utah John
new ifo
  • Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

I'm starting to think something is wrong with Ryan Allen. He was one of the best players on the field for NE in the Superbowl. Surprised no one has picked him up yet.

Worse than a rookie punter injuring his shoulder and going on IR midway through the season?

21 minutes ago, wppete said:

Yeah it’s a curious move. Not sure why they need a DE considering the cuts coming next week. 

30 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

It's curious to add a DE at this point.

27 minutes ago, Utah John said:

The Bills FO happy talk was that they're fine with the DL personnel they had.  I guess they're always looking to see if they can upgrade, which I'm fine with, but why bring in someone new, now?  Someone who doesn't know the system, who can't be evaluated properly. \

Also, he's listed as a DE but he was wearing number 46 for the Broncos.  Sounds more like an EDGE or LB.

The only thing I can figure is that this move was made with the fourth preseason game in mind. The staff knows they're keeping Love and Johnson and thus, they don't wish to expose them to four quarters worth of a meaningless preseason game. As such, you have Holland take a bunch of snaps and reduce the risk of injuring key rotational players.

The other thing to look at, perhaps, is the practice squad. Perhaps they like the idea of Holland joining theirs.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1