punter battle over for now. the bills released carter

WMDman

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Oh the beautiful irony if we pick up the Pats punter this year. Two years in a row the Bills pick up the Pats cast off at the lowest position on the team.  

Yeah but this is the one they had who did great in the Super Bowl not the one they tried to stash on their practice squad.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/27/buffalo-bills-sean-mcdermott-hints-punting-competition-not-over/

usatsi_13220388.jpg?w=1024&h=614&crop=1

Sean McDermott hints punting competition not over

“(Bojorquez) is still competing. He understands that. I liked what he did yesterday [in practice]. We put him in a situation, he had to execute at a high level and I thought he did a good job with that. I did like some of the balls he kicked later in the game last week, or this past week, against Detroit,” McDermott said. “We have to continue to try and find consistency at this point.”

A less-than-stellar reaction from the coach.

Buffalo Bills have a problem at punter heading into 2019 season

So far this preseason, Bojorquez has punted nine times (net average of 41.2 yards per punt) with one boot inside the 20, while Carter netted 40.5 yards on his four punts before being released.

“He is still competing. He understands that and I like what he did yesterday. We put him in a situation where he had to execute at a high level and I thought he did a good job with that,” head coach Sean McDermott said of Bojorquez during his Tuesday press conference. “I did like some of the balls he kicked later in the game this past week against Detroit.

Situational balls where we were pooch punting and then we were backed up so he had some good situational experience there. We have to continue to find consistency at this point.”

Perhaps the Bills will look to a recently released punter like Ryan Allen, who was cut by the New England Patriots but has consistently been ranked among the middle of the pack for net yardage.

Last year, Allen, a three-time Super Bowl champion, ranked 16th in average yards per punt (45.1), and was 19th in average net yards per punt (39.5). Allen also put on a punting show in the Super Bowl, averaging 43 yards per punt with three punts inside the 20 on his five boots.