Belichick said today he didn’t know Luck retired

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, dubs said:

Hahaha. Part of me loves Belichick. He is a professional media troll. 

Yeah, that’s kinda where I’m at too.  I want to hate him but it’s kinda funny at this point.  I think he’s lying but I do subscribe to the John Wooden philosophy of just working on improving yourself and not worrying about other teams.  

I won’t be shocked that BB reached out to Luck privately.  He just loves messing with the media. Josh Reed is a dangerous player, Chris Kelsay is a game changer.  He knows what he is doing.

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, that’s kinda where I’m at too.  I want to hate him but it’s kinda funny at this point.  I think he’s lying but I do subscribe to the John Wooden philosophy of just working on improving yourself and not worrying about other teams.  

I won’t be shocked that BB reached out to Luck privately.  He just loves messing with the media. Josh Reed is a dangerous player, Chris Kelsay is a game changer.  He knows what he is doing.

Totally agree. I also appreciate how annoying it must be to deal with ridiculous questions day after day and be expected to pump out boilerplate pleasantries that don’t really mean anything. 

Of all all that I dislike about the New England Patriots, BB is far down that list. 

2 hours ago, iinii said:

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2019/08/26/bill-belichick-andrew-luck-retirement  

Lynch and Belichick should do press conferences together, sort of a duel to see who could use the fewest words and create the bigger social media storm.

I’d rather watch water struggling to finally boil. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah. If I based my opinion of the Bills on what BB has to say in his presser, I'd be convinced we'd won the last 20 Superbowls. Lee Smith is a guy you try to contain as much as possible. Not quite sure how we're gonna defend him. Lot of work to do. 

8 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Pssst.  Don't tell Belichick that his starting center is in the hospital.  Maybe he won't notice until the Patriots opener..

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27472278/patriots-c-andrews-season-jeopardy

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots starting center David Andrews has blood clots in his lungs, and his 2019 season is in jeopardy, league sources confirmed.

Andrews was hospitalized while undergoing tests to pinpoint the cause of the clots, sources said. 

7 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Not surprising, many coaches don't listen or watch TV at all

No one on his staff knew? They knew and didn’t tell him? It’s the qb of a SB contender in his conference. That’s the kind of thing he would know or want to know. His comment may be “classic belichick but this time he just sounded obnoxious. The Pats later “clarifying” made it worse, because if he really meant that he didn’t see it coming he wouldn’t have followed it up with saying he doesn’t follow the Colts.  The Pats should have just left it alone if they wanted it to flow by as “classic belichick media trolling”