Retired FB LeRon McClain Pleads for Help, "I have to get my head checked."

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It's not going to end Bobby no matter how dramatic you become.  Wait, maybe you're right.  Boxing and MMA are sports where your intentionally throw strikes at the head over and over and over again.....they don't exist anymore because of it.

The "game" as we know it will disappear, it wil take a while but the direction is obvious.

You are already having schools drop their programs in HS, no doubt some state like NY will outlaw public funds for football, too dangerous. Lawyers will get involved, former high school and university players will start suing.  The game will be legislated/sued to the point where the game will be unwatchable.

It will be an evolutionary process, the game will continue to be "de-risked".   As i wrote, it wil look like the pro bowl...to me unwatchable. 

Oh and by the way, how poplar is boxing now, it used to be one of the big three sports, Boxing Horse Racing and Baseball where the top three in the 30s.  Boxing you dont have "teams" to sue, you are effectively;y free agents, that is why boxing still exists.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You're entire argument was "choice".  

Yeah it is a choice. 

And they will still still continue to make the choice to play. Just stop crying about your body hurting after the fact

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

The "game" as we know it will disappear, it wil take a while but the direction is obvious.

You are already having schools drop their programs in HS, no doubt some state like NY will outlaw public funds for football, too dangerous. Lawyers will get involved, former high school and university players will star suing.  The game will be legislated/sued to the point where the game will be unwatchable.

It will be an evolutionary process, the game will continue to be "de-risked".  

Oh and by the way, how poplar is boxing now, it used to be one of the big three sports, Boxing Horse Racing and Baseball where the top three in the 30s.  Boxing you dont have "teams" to sue, you are effectively;y free agents, that is why boxing still exists.

What's a team sport that doesn't exist anymore?

16 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

They know the risks.  I knew the risks and still know the risks and I still put my head in situations where I can get a concussion.  

Like I said, I'm not crying myself to sleep at night because, especially today, they know more and more about the risks.  I view it as I appreciate them putting in the sacrifice for my entertainment.  I also was supporting of Andrew Luck's decision to retire.  

Right. I support Luck too. 

5 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

You are already having schools drop their programs in HS, no doubt some state like NY will outlaw public funds for football, too dangerous. Lawyers will get involved, former high school and university players will star suing.  The game will be legislated/sued to the point where the game will be unwatchable.

It will be an evolutionary process, the game will continue to be "de-risked".  

Sorry Roy...I don't believe this.

MMA wouldn't be growing if that was the case.  This sport, you're intentionally trying to give someone a concussion.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

So basically, no one can complain about their job, no matter which industry, because it was their choice.  

They can complain. However if they stay that’s their choice isn’t it. 

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Off the top of my head jousting, gladiators and pro tennis...hopefully this cornhole phenomenon will be next.

I fail to grasp your point.

I'm sure you do.

The point is the the NFL isn't going anywhere, anytime soon. Maybe in 100 years when everybody plays spaceball instead, but it won't be lawsuits that kill it and there will be no shortage of players when there's multi-million dollar salaries involved.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Should a coal miner sign this too?  

Does a coal miner claim that they didnt know they would have long term effects on their body in that line of work?

And if they did have to sign a waiver how many would sign it for that little paycheck they are getting and how many would move on.

You can try all you want about trying to Compare the 1% to coal miners.

Either way I am done with this.  Go get your 200K from the Settlement McClain and try not to "Force" your kids to play the same sport.

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Does a coal miner claim that they didnt know they would have long term effects on their body in that line of work?

You can literally google "Black Lung Lawsuits" and see all the results.  

There's Law firms dedicated literally to just this.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And if they did have to sign a waiver how many would sign it for that little paycheck they are getting and how many would move on.

You can try all you want about trying to Compare the 1% to coal miners

That does not matter since your entire argument is "their choice".

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

You can try all you want about trying to Compare the 1% to coal miners

Um, yes- https://www.dol.gov/appeals/BLA_claimants.htm

And you were the one who compared NFL players to coal miners initially.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Sorry Roy...I don't believe this.

MMA wouldn't be growing if that was the case.  This sport, you're intentionally trying to give someone a concussion.

Dont believe it.

MMA is like boxing,  as i said effectively the fighter is a  free agent ,you dont have billion dollar owners to sue  or you dont have billion dollar schools/states.

Football was almost outlawed by Teddy Roosevelt.  It has a target on it.  Once Schools become economically at risk you will see a mass exodus, the entire system will slowly collapse.

I would bet anyone football will be outlawed at public schools universitis by some state within the next 5 years.  And those legislators and SJWs that lead the charge will use the IDENTICAL arguments some of you are using it.  Only "poor" people play as they "have no other real choice" but  football.  It will also come under increasingly racial scrutiny.  96% white owner, 80% AA players with the white commissioner having the powers of God.  Yep, no problems with the optics there.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Um, yes- https://www.dol.gov/appeals/BLA_claimants.htm

And you were the one who compared NFL players to coal miners initially.

Ummmm no I really didnt.

Either way I am done with this.  Go get your 200K from the Settlement McClain and try not to "Force" your kids to play the same sport.

Edited by MAJBobby

7 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm sure you do.

The point is the the NFL isn't going anywhere, anytime soon. Maybe in 100 years when everybody plays spaceball instead, but it won't be lawsuits that kill it and there will be no shortage of players when there's multi-million dollar salaries involved.

Yeah, yeah yeah.     They said that about the popularity of a lot of sports, where is horse racing today, almost non-existent?  That is close to be outlawed too with all the horse deaths this year.  Horse racing used to be one of the biggest sports in the US.  "Footba;ll" might be around but its popularity wil be down dramatically and the game for an "old school " guy like me it will be unwatchable.